ARC-XT vs FreeScan Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I'm currently using freescan software for my 396XT. Currently it works okay for programming my scanner but I'm not able to install the latest version ("error opening file for writing" on Windows 7). I'm thinking this may be a good time try new things and was wondering what other professional scanner software has to offer.
Other than price, what are some benefits of software such as ARC-XT Pro.
Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You should post this error as a separate message. Assaf (FreeScan's author) will then spot it much easier; he's here quite frequently

best regards..Mike

captclint

Mentor
I personally prefer ARCXTPro. I spend most of my time at the PC, and their minimized virtual scanner window is much smaller and better than FreeScan. I also like their frequency sort...2 clicks on the column as opposed to an Edit menu item. It works more like Excel than FS. You can highlight a cell and drag it down for multiple duplicate enteries, and you can create a series like Unknown#1-Unknown#10 for example. I just find it does more things the way I like it.
Since it is free for trial period, check it out and decide.

Last edited:

sparker1962

Premium Subscriber
I was able to install freescan by downloading directly to my desktop as opposed to the automatic installer inside of freescan. Weird, but it works now.
I think I'll try the ARC-XT Pro version sometime this holiday.
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Happy Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.