Arc15pro & bct15x software questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML143606

I downloaded the Butel ARC15PRO software and have not registered it yet as I'd like to try it out before I shell out any money. My understanding is that it is a fully functioning demo version and just has 21 day period until it locks up or something. I did notice that when you go to the remote mode it limits you to 30 min of use so I was wondering if this is my problem or not.

Having problems programming this scanner, I don't know it is a BUG or something.... Going to walk you through what I did exactly. I am using Windows 7 Pro (64), Usb-1 cable & ARC15PRO BCT-15 v4.0 b001 PRO

Turned on scanner
Loaded ARC15PRO
Selected BCT15 in menu
Selected READ SCANNER (Reads Just Fine)
I go to VIEW then CONFIGURATION EDITOR
I go to CLOSE CALL tab (all presently blank)
I select READ FROM SCANNER (it all fills in fine what scanner has)

Now it says that close call is ON, I want to turn it OFF

So I change ON to OFF and select SEND TO SCANNER

Thinking everything is fine... 10 seconds latter I'm annoyed with FM radio station close call hits. So I do it again..... and again..... and again..... each time no errors, it says it sent it to the scanner, but IT WILL NOT CHANGE.

So I manually go into the front panel scanner menu and select CC MODE and turn it off.

Go back to ARC15PRO and read the scanner, it shows it is now OFF (as it is I just did it...)

So now I try to turn it ON (using the ARC15PRO software)

Go through the menu, select ON, send it to the scanner, No errors, nothing to indicate anything wrong......

So now I hit the READ FROM SCANNER button from the same tab and it shows CC is still OFF. So programming did not change anything. Tried it again, rebooted, cycled scanner on and off..... Everything....

So I go to the scanner and change it back to ON directly from the scanner and read the scanner from the software and it shows what it is.....

It is reading the scanner just fine, it is not lying to me..... So why can't the software change this?

Next problem/question.......

I want to change the search frequencies, I've done this several times prior with other scanners and other software packages.......

I go to CUSTOM SEARCH tab

I go down to #6 and change the values from 144.0000-147.9999 to 150.0000-170.0000

I do the same for #9 changing the values to 450.0000-470.0000

I change the names from "Custom 6 & Custom 9" to VHF Search & UHF Search

Send it to the scanner, it goes through, scanner beeps, everything fine....

Nope

It will NOT change the names of the search, goes back to Custom 6 & Custom 9, (only after I READ FROM SCANNER and notice it changed nothing) and I cannot change the values of Custom 6 at all. Even tried different range, it will NOT change.

Now I CAN change Custom 9 range all day (and it sticks) but name will not change on any of them. Custom 9 has a range of 450-470 and works just fine.... Cant see any CTCSS tones and no option is there to select it... but at least it scans that range....

Now questions are.....

1) Why does the software let you send something to the scanner and not tell you it is not right range, out of range or anything? I've entered ranges in the most absurd out of band frequencies and it does not tell me INVALID or anything, It will let you send anything to the scanner and just goes through just fine. But when you read the scanner back it shows you nothing you sent went into it.

2) Am I going to have to program the software, then each time have to read back the scanner each and every time and check every group, every tab, every entry to see if it went through and my changes took effect? Or see what it wanted to change and see what it didn't feel like changing as it apparently DID make "some" changes?

3) How the heck do I turn CC off using the software?

4) How do I change the Custom search mode band? 150.0000-170.0000 is not out of band, it is within limits and I did this with my BC125AT just fine using software. (Not using the Butel version as it takes too long to read and write to scanner 30-60 seconds opposed to 5-6 seconds with Uniden's stock BC125AT_SS program) I use the one I got on Uniden site.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or is this software acting up or not usable in DEMO mode or do I have a demon in my house? (smile)

This is just what I noticed so far.... so why would I pay for it? I don't think paying 70 bucks to take a chance is worth finding out. I have not tried the FREESCAN software yet because I didn't want to install something else and add to any problem just yet. Bit if no one has the answer then that will be my next step.

(FYI - Tried lowering the baud rate to 9600 (115200 default) on both the scanner and the software as I program Motorola Astro, Radius & other radios all day with older 286/386 old laptops and know how sensitive the Motorola RSS software is and still have the problem with the BCT15X & ARC15PRO)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

ML

Last edited:

ML143606

OMG !!!!

That is sooo funny.... I cannot believe that. I just downloaded the ARCXTPRO and all is fine.

Ya know what happened. I download the software (the correct software) last month and waited to purchase the scanner. When I installed the software the other day, as I was installing it... it said an updated version was available and it download the WRONG software.

Thanks so much for pointing this out to me, I cannot believe it was such an obvious simple and stupid mistake.

Have a great one!

Status
Not open for further replies.