ARC160 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
When I import trunking systems from RR to my pro160 it will not bring the freqs with it, will get talkgroups ok. Is it because of reband tables or am I doing something wrong. If it is reband how do I go about doing that. did not have trouble with the pro106 and win500, new to the pro160 and butel arc160 software thanks

spooney

Try this: Before you load the bank you are going to import to in ARC160, go into the settings menu for that bank and set the system type to custom/rebanded and see if that works.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Try this: Before you load the bank you are going to import to in ARC160, go into the settings menu for that bank and set the system type to custom/rebanded and see if that works.

Thanks spooney I'll try that and let you know

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Thanks spoony that worked ok but would not load Knoxville/knox county (TN) public service for some reason. changed settings also any ideals?

spooney

Are you getting the R/R import loaded into ARC160, but it won't upload into scanner or where exactly is the problem occuring?

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting the R/R import loaded into ARC160, but it won't upload into scanner or where exactly is the problem occuring?

Sorry spooney not enough info again hu? It does load from RR to the arc160 software I take check marks off the transit buses, ( talkgroups) don't want to hear them but when I import then to scan list 5 the talk groups are there but no freqs. It worked great on all others after I did what you said Thanks

spooney

Knoxville is a similcast system using multiple towers and lots of freq's. If the t/g's have loaded ok, then thats the majority of the work. I would just manually program just one of the control channel freq's preferably the one that you receive the best signal from, which from what I can tell from the map you should be closest to site 4 on Hill Church Rd or something. Just enter one control channel and make sure the box is checked for C/C Only in the settings menu. Also check the box for ID scan delay, status bit and end code I'm not sure about how to set.

Last edited:

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Thanks spoony I'll try the cc and see what happens,I get all the towers in k-town on my pro106 but pro 160 may be different. I'll give it a shot

kel415

Premium Subscriber
works great now after I put the cc in, getting traffic on north,south.east & west dispatch, thanks alot spoony

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Another question, when I get the file for knoxville/knox co in the arc software and take the check marks off the ones I don't want programed in the scanner like transit buses and utility co. then move them to a scan list I don't see them but when I program the scanner they are there. Don't have that issue on the same setup with pro106 and win500 software it works ok. Any ideals

spooney

Another question, when I get the file for knoxville/knox co in the arc software and take the check marks off the ones I don't want programed in the scanner like transit buses and utility co. then move them to a scan list I don't see them but when I program the scanner they are there. Don't have that issue on the same setup with pro106 and win500 software it works ok. Any ideals

If the R/R file loaded t/g's into ARC160 that you don't want to send to the scanner you have to delete them out of ARC160 before you upload to scanner. Checking or un-checking the boxes in ARC160 only turns those tg's on or off.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
If the R/R file loaded t/g's into ARC160 that you don't want to send to the scanner you have to delete them out of ARC160 before you upload to scanner. Checking or un-checking the boxes in ARC160 only turns those tg's on or off.

OK I downloaded the file to arc160 software and took the checks off before i sent the file to scan list 5 when looking at scan list 5 I do not see the talkgroups there so I take it you are saying import them to the scan list first, then delete them out that way. I'll try that unless you tell me different Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.