ARC160 RR import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amg

Premium Subscriber
I am running into a problem importing a simulcast EDACS system into ARC160. I have never had any trouble importing or programming my PRO 162 until I wanted to start fresh and clear out my scanner.

When I use the RR import functionality (on my existing data file or a new one), I select Florida -> Hillsborough County -> Trunked Systems -> Hillsborough County Public Safety (EDACS). No matter if I choose either the West OR East system, no frequencies ever import. The talkgroups and settings seem to import, as the bank knows its EDACS in ARC. I have tried selecting Import Primary/Alternate/All control channels in every possible combination, as well as checking Control Channel ON before importing (suggested in another thread).

This worked at one point, and have imported plenty of conventional frequencies, and even other trunked systems (Busch Gardens, but it only seemed to import 3 frequencies, which I noticed were denoted as primary control channels). Fortunately I have a backup of my old data file, which had the frequencies I need for the above problem systems, but I want to know if I am doing anything wrong to prevent the systems from importing.

This is a fresh install of Windows XP SP3, clean licensed install of ARC160, and RR Premium with a 20-047 cable to my Pro 162.

amg

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for replying! In the steps above, I mentioned only having one system selected (East or West). I just tried it again for the sake of trying and I got the same results... Seems that everything but the frequencies import. It is in fact not possible to select 2 or more systems as I get a warning that my scanner may not track the system properly with multiple systems selected for a single bank. It is also not possible to select all of the frequencies within a system without selecting the system as a whole.

Closing ARC160 or closing the import window after each import does not change the results, nor does restarting the entire computer. I forgot to mention that in my original post.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I think you refer to sites? This system has 2 sites, since it is Edacs you can only import one site per bank.
In the left pane you can click the + to expand the tree and see all individual frequencies and their LCN. Make sure all the freqs have a check mark else they are not imported. Also make sure you have the latest version 1.21 build6.

Gommert
Butel Software

amg

Premium Subscriber
Yes I did mean sites (east and west) rather than systems. In most of my attempts, only one site was selected because I know LCN is essential, and the scanner will not work with two edacs systems in one bank. I am up to date I believe, since I bought and installed the software on black friday. I am not at the computer right now so I can't check, but I downloaded it after I paid and used that version.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I tried to recreate this with my copy of ARC160, and had the same thing happen to me a few times, however the behavior was sporadic. At times the frequencies downloaded just fine, other times they did not. In most cases, reopening the software fixed the issue. I wish I could've narrowed the bug down to one specific thing, but I haven't been able to so far. I will try it again when I have more time to dedicate to it.

It's worth noting that there are a few bugs with ARC160 that I submitted to Gommert a year ago, then again last month, but he has thus far not fixed them. I wouldn't hold my breath that he'll spend much time looking into this bug either. The PRO-160/162 series was not very popular, so it stands to reason neither was ARC160. He has very little incentive to waste any time supporting the software, especially given the fact that he already has our money. The last update was over 2 years ago, and in addition to waiting for my submitted bug fixes to be addressed, I'm also curious if he'll bother updating the RR Web Service to v9 so we can make use of the Nationwide Frequencies and other enhancements.

Sorry Gommert, I know I sound like a malcontent, but I'm just stating the plain facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.