ARC250 and Win97 data downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntnahed

I've got a BC250D with ARC250 and a Pro97 with my newly re-acquired Win97. I'm looking for the info to direct load freq's and TG's via RR. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Mostly interested in Snoho and Seattle.

My other question is technical, and it's this: I'm using an ancient PC for my radios, because it has the old style 9 pin hook up. I have a DIFFERENT computer I get on the net (i.e. RR) with. Is there a way to D/L info from RR, burn to CD and then transfer to my PC and upload with ARC or Win software?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since you're already a premium subscriber, you should be able to connect to the database and download what you want. I don't have either software package, so someone here should be able to point you to the right pulldowns for this.

73 Mike

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
In ARC250 click Internet and then Radioref Webservice to open the radioref import options.
ARC250 works with any USB/serial converter so you can also use it on modern PC's that dont have a serial port anymore, these converter cables are cheap and widely available.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

DonS

I've got a BC250D with ARC250 and a Pro97 with my newly re-acquired Win97. I'm looking for the info to direct load freq's and TG's via RR. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Mostly interested in Snoho and Seattle.
In Win97: File -> Web Import -> RadioReference.com -> Trunked/Conventional

My other question is technical, and it's this: I'm using an ancient PC for my radios, because it has the old style 9 pin hook up. I have a DIFFERENT computer I get on the net (i.e. RR) with. Is there a way to D/L info from RR, burn to CD and then transfer to my PC and upload with ARC or Win software?
Within the dialog box accessed via the above menu selection, you can export the XML retrieved from RR (e.g. one entire trunking system) to a file on disk, then import that XML file into Win97 on another machine.

Win97 also supports USB-Serial adapters, including the "newer" GRE/RS "USB Scanner Programming Cable", on any COM port - so you don't necessarily need a PC with a 9-pin serial port built-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.