ARC300 and accessing RadioReference

Status
Not open for further replies.

armydog1

Premium Subscriber
I purchased ARC300 from ScannerMaster, and installed it on my computer. I filled in the registration and tried to use the software. I got a message that I was not a premium account holder with RR, and couldn't. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to pay another $30.00 before I can program my scanner?. If I have to, I feel that I wasted my money. I have been programming my PRO-163 manually, and thought that by buying software it would make it so much easier. Maybe I am ignorant. Would someone knowlegable correct me?

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
In order to download information/frequencies into the software you have to be a premium subscriber to RR.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Look at your original message - you got the premium subscriber pic next to your location.

Chances are you tried to use the download before it properly registered. Did you try it just recently? You should be good to go...

Mike

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I purchased ARC300 from ScannerMaster, and installed it on my computer. I filled in the registration and tried to use the software. I got a message that I was not a premium account holder with RR, and couldn't. Did I do something wrong? Do I have to pay another $30.00 before I can program my scanner?. If I have to, I feel that I wasted my money. I have been programming my PRO-163 manually, and thought that by buying software it would make it so much easier. Maybe I am ignorant. Would someone knowlegable correct me?

Just as a note in the defense of Scanner Master, the product description page does clearly state:

"* Radioreference import requires additional subscription and is NOT included with the ARC300 software "

Status
Not open for further replies.