ARC300 Timed out from the start??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighttripper

I got a reply back from the software authurs.

> This means that you already used your 30 day trial period.
> Uninstalling or upgrading to a new version will not reset the demo timer.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Gommert Buysen
> Butel Software

I told them that this was a 1st time install???

Night

Nighttripper

No reply yet from Butel. Either they forgot to say thank you for finding a bug. Or, they sent a "I am right you are wrong message", and they have no more to say???

Neither message is what I would consider a proper response.

Night

Nighttripper

Nothing back from Butel. Not the kind of support I would want to pay for. If this is the kind of support you get before you buy. I would hate to see what you get after you pay.

They will not be getting any of my hard earned cash.

Night

SCPD

QRT
Nothing back from Butel. Not the kind of support I would want to pay for. If this is the kind of support you get before you buy. I would hate to see what you get after you pay.

They will not be getting any of my hard earned cash.

Night

K, let me understand this. You downloaded the trial version, which expires after 30 days of use after installation, right?

Now, as I understand it, you haven't purchased the software, and are now upset that it has timed out, and/or you haven't received a suitable response, so now you refuse to buy the software because of "poor support?" Since you haven't paid for the software, why do you feel that they should support you beyond a 30-day evaluation?

I think what is poor here is your expectations. What do you want of Butel? They've told you why you are getting the error message. Do you want them to magically grant you another 30 days of free use? Perhaps they should value you as a customer and give it to you for free?

Just what is the complaint here? Obviously this is not a first time installation, since you received that error message. It won't give that error message for any other reason. If you really want to get rid of this error message and don't want to buy the Butel software, your only remaining alternative is to wipe your drive and reinstall Windows. Of course you'll have to do this every 30 days to keep Butel software from expiring, but that's a small price one has to pay for refusing to pay for software.

So, what was your complaint again?

Nighttripper

You are assuming that I used it passed the 30 days. I did not. I got the scanner for a Christmas present. I installed it on my desktop. And it worked fine. But when I installed it on my laptop New Years day. It instantly timed out. If you had taken the time to look at when I joined and my previous posts. You would know this. But instead you call me a liar. Just a little effort on your part, before you make a comment.

And yes, I do expect support during a 30 day trial. I am trying out the software and the support that should come with it.

Night

RyanMQ

Demo Expired

I installed this, my date on the system was horribly wrong, 2002. I fixed my date (had just gone through some computer issues) to show todays date, and my demo is over too..
Now I understand if it is based off date why mine shows expired, but really, they couldn't have programmed it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.