ARC396 Pro (Butel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

megascanner

Premium Subscriber
I just got around to updating to a new laptop with Windows 10 (64bit) and the ARC396 Pro I'm using for my BCD396T radio doesn't recognize the USB to serial cord to do Autoconnect. The best I can do is get it to do is occasionally change settings but it never shows the Virtual Control feature. I've change the "bits per second" settings a few times but usually it worked in the past on my old laptop using 115200.

I am using a Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port (Com4) and the driver is 3.3.2.105. I am aware the Windows 10 had issues with USB-to-Serial cord but this lower drive is what I heard usually worked. Can someone please advise me if they too have had this issue and how they've resolved it.

Thanks!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Your USB to Serial Port adapter may have the HXA chipset. Beginning with Windows 8, the HXA chipset was no longer usable and a newer version chipset, the HXD was needed to achieve the connection.

I'm using the Plugable USB to serial converter with no issues. https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-Prolific-PL2303HX-Chipset/dp/B00425S1H8

You could also get a Uniden USB-1 programming cable. The newer ones have the HXD chipset, but be cautious as the original cables had the HXA chipset. Also they are often out of stock and cost twice as much as the Plugable adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.