ARC396 Pro Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this software the way to go for the 396T? There so many options listed in the RR Wiki, I tried some of the free software and it seemed to be full of bugs or not very intuitive to use. I don't mind paying for the ARC software, I just want if it's the way to go before dropping the cash on it.

Thanks,.

Last edited:

kg4pbd

ARC396 helps make the 396 the ultimate travel scanner. Easy to create both conventional and trunked systems direct from the database here. The software isn't perfect as you'll hear but overall I'm very happy with it.

kg4pbd said:
ARC396 helps make the 396 the ultimate travel scanner. Easy to create both conventional and trunked systems direct from the database here. The software isn't perfect as you'll hear but overall I'm very happy with it.

Thanks.. I hate spending so much on software I'll likely use once... I wish I could find something that program the BCD396T and the Pro-96 in one package.

Did you get the PRO or regular? It looks like there is just some logging features missing for the standard software.

BM82557

I recommend ARC396. I have the PRO version and wouldn't be without it. I use it to control my scanner while I'm working, recording and logging local police, fire department and EMS. I live within 30 miles of Camp David and use ARC396 PRO to record the fighters providing coverage whenever the President is there.

Last edited:
BM82557 said:
I recommend ARC396. I have the PRO version and wouldn't be without it. I use it to control my scanner while I'm working, recording and logging local police, fire department and EMS. I live within 30 miles of Camp David and use ARC396 PRO to record the fighters providing coverage whenever the President is there.

Thanks.. it's looking like I'll go w/ that software. Does it do firmware upgrades as well?

BCD396T Uniden Advanced Scanner Director

I installed the software from Uniden, it seems OK for being free, but still not that intuitive. Maybe I'm just not up on things these days, I think I programmed my Bearcat 245XLT ~4 years ago, and never had to mess with it.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Nothing beats the ARC Pro software.

Oh and no, it will not upgrade the firmware.

Dewey

While Uniden's UASD software may be cumbersome to some, I haven't seen any bugs; however, it does not import the RR database. Also, ARC has its bugs. Good software, just not the only good software.

FreeSCAN; very good FREE software.
BCTool; very good FREE software.

Dewey

PS: You may want to look around on the Scanning Software board for better software information.

Dewey said:
While Uniden's UASD software may be cumbersome to some, I haven't seen any bugs; however, it does not import the RR database. Also, ARC has its bugs. Good software, just not the only good software.

FreeSCAN; very good FREE software.
BCTool; very good FREE software.

Dewey

PS: You may want to look around on the Scanning Software board for better software information.

I'm actually quite happy with the UASD now. It works very well, kind of weird figuring it out for the first time but in the end it works well. I thought FreeScan was a bit odd and I didn't try BCTool.

Status
Not open for further replies.