ARC5 and RR download

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfury56

Hi:
Serious Newbie here.

Received several scanners from my best friend who passed. Trying to understand this stuff and am working with an ICOM IC-R5 currently. I bought the ARC5 software as recommended and downloaded several "banks" of various Los Angeles area freqs for emergency use.

Problem is that when I go to upload to scanner (one bank at a time just to verify), only a few banks work, while other "groups" I try create an error. Is there some reason the freqs offered through my RR subscription are incompatible with this ARC5 software, or the IC-R5 unit? Maybe some types that it cannot accept??

Any help is appreciated........I have spent countless hours trying to learn what my friend knew, but he was a consumate Master of scanning!

Thanks again!

Starfury

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Problem is that when I go to upload to scanner (one bank at a time just to verify), only a few banks work, while other "groups" I try create an error. Is there some reason the freqs offered through my RR subscription are incompatible with this ARC5 software, or the IC-R5 unit? Maybe some types that it cannot accept??

What is the error? Can you give an example of which RR system causes a problem?

Gommert
Butel Software

starfury56

Ahh ha!!

Hi Gommert:

Thanks for looking in on my insanity! After several dozen downloads from RR, in a slow, progressive, one city at a time way, I discovered that my error comes from these MDT frequencies!

I just edited out those unnecessary MDT's and all is working fine now............I don't know why they are even available for download if all they do is cause problems. Seeing them listed for frequency reference is one thing, but they should not be available to check off for download.

Now all I have to do is get a Universal Translator for all the phonetic/alpha/numeric language. LOL!

I appreciate your time in replying...........it made me go back and start over just to duplicate the errors, and VOILA!

Thanks again!

Starfury56

Status
Not open for further replies.