ARC5 software with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8iqz

I have read posts citing the USB driver update being necessary to load the ICOM software for their ICOM hardware. I am having a load issue with my ARC5 software from Butel regarding loading that software under Windows 10. Has anyone else had this issue? Any hints as to where to go for more information? I have just emailed Butel.nl to see if they have suggestions. Thanks. Gary KC8IQZ

kc8iqz

ICOM's website normally has downloadable drivers for their gear.
Thanks, but I did download the driver. But their instructions (for Win 8 only) mention a .exe file to run which is not supplied. The method for installing under Win 10 is not described.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but I did download the driver. But their instructions (for Win 8 only) mention a .exe file to run which is not supplied. The method for installing under Win 10 is not described.

Did you open the .ZIP file and the folders within? I just did and it shows .EXE files, both for 32bit & 64bit Windows.

kc8iqz

Did you open the .ZIP file and the folders within? I just did and it shows .EXE files, both for 32bit & 64bit Windows.
I will go back but I just checked the file that I downloaded from the Icom site and it was only the driver file. I will go back and double check. Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I was looking at ICOM's typical USB driver. You have an IC-R5, it's not a typical USB cable, it's a USB-to-serial adapter cable and it does require driver based on what/who's USB cable you're using.

kc8iqz

I was looking at ICOM's typical USB driver. You have an IC-R5, it's not a typical USB cable, it's a USB-to-serial adapter cable and it does require driver based on what/who's USB cable you're using.
Yes. I contacted ICOM support and got the instructions that were complete. They pointed me to the .zip file that included the driver installer software in addition to the driver. All is working.
Thanks for your assistance.
Gary KC8IQZ

Status
Not open for further replies.