ARC500 and recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Why has this problem not been addressed as of yet? ARC500 records for maybe three transmissions, and then freezes. I wind up shutting the program down. I have Windows 7, all the latest drivers for my sound card and my data cable...so what gives? Gommert?

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
Why has this problem not been addressed as of yet? ARC500 records for maybe three transmissions, and then freezes. I wind up shutting the program down. I have Windows 7, all the latest drivers for my sound card and my data cable...so what gives? Gommert?

Butel won't fix the buggy software.
Instead of owning up to the problem, Butel will just blame your computer setup.
Instead of Butel fixing the ARC500pro software, they just use the excuse that you can get your money back within 30 days of purchase.

You'll get real working software and real customer service with PSRedit500, WIN500 and IDTrackerIII.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:

blangell

After reading replies from several people that ARC500PRO does in fact work for recording, I spent several hours double-checking everything on my PC. All of the hardware drivers & system BIOS were up to date - no changes to be made there (Intel motherboard with on-board Realtek sound card).

Out of desperation, I disabled the digital audio I/O on my sound card (leaving the analog working), doing this by going into the advanced settings of the sound card and disabling any digital audio functions.

I have ARC500 Pro logging/recording for just over 8 hours now with no freeze-up!

I don't know if this will work for others, but it seems to have done the trick for me. I don't use any digital audio devices, but if you do, good luck....

From http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...fficial-butel-arc-500-software-thread-17.html post #338

N2MWE
This might work you you.

Status
Not open for further replies.