ARC500 and the WS1040

kanablecb

Premium Subscriber
I have purchased a used WS1040, I am a premium subscriber to RR and have the ARC500. The scanner does nothing. Powers up with this on the screen
"uP Boot Ver:F1.5;
uP App Ver: NONE;
CPU SW Upgrade;
Wait for PC/IF
I connect prog cable with com port correct. I try to download and the scanner says Error- Turn Off

Tried several things and nothing. Any help appreciated!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Which cable do you have? If a Whistler cable, install the CDM20830_Setup.exe driver listed above. If it is an older Radio Shack or generic cable, you can go to the Scanner tab in ARC500 and click on Install USB Driver. Your scanner has lost its CPU firmware. Here is the link for the firmware updater and Whistler cable driver: WS1040/WS1065 Scanner Firmware Updates and Downloads You need to install the driver first to be able to communicate with the scanner.

Last edited:

TAbirdman

The scanner has NO firmware in it. Go to Whistlers website under Support/downloads and you'll find the CPU Updater program to reload the firmware on the scanner.

TAbirdman

The cable driver needs to be installed first to be able to reload the firmware.
From what the OP mentioned, that can happen with no Firmware in the unit. May not be the drivers. I'd download the CPU Updater and follow the instructions in the program and see if it takes.