ARC500 Basic acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I noticed something strange in this program or, at least it is in mine. I just have MOSWIN Trunk system in my scan list when I go to trunk systems in object browser then, double click on frequencies, if I just look at them and click ok to close the list then open it again some frequencies have changed in the list? Example, one frequency is 161.8875 when I click ok to close the list then re-open, it has changed to 161.8850? If I try to add or change a frequency the same thing happens seems to be rounding the number off a 25khz change? I have to click on cancel for it not to change which means I can't click on ok for any reason. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks! :)

tvengr

Well Known Member
If I am just looking at frequencies, I always use Cancel instead of OK. If frequencies are getting rounded off, go to Global Settings and Expert. Make sure you have a check mark in the box for Flexstep (lower left corner). On my computer, both ARC500 Basic and Pro recently started freezing up. I suspect it was due to Windows 10 updates. Go to Apps and features on your computer. Click on ARC500. Click on Modify and Repair. See if that fixes the problem. It fixed mine.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I noticed something strange in this program or, at least it is in mine. I just have MOSWIN Trunk system in my scan list when I go to trunk systems in object browser then, double click on frequencies, if I just look at them and click ok to close the list then open it again some frequencies have changed in the list?

Make sure you checked for updates are are running the latest version. Not sure if that address the problem you're having however.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I can't duplicate this and see no rounding of the frequencies. Like tvenger said make sure flexstep is on.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
I enabled flex step, even re installed the software and still have the number rounding if, I click on ok for any reason when I double click to open frequencies? Update! the two images are from a different file the latest file I just checked didn't have that problem so, disregard these images for now. Maybe, It will be fine now Thanks! (y)

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 15
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Found the culprit, the problem only happens when I use one scan list for everything so, I split it up into three and there will be no more single scan lists for me! :)

tvengr

Well Known Member
With everything in a single scan list, it should make no difference as far as rounding frequencies. Gommert, any thoughts on this?

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
Here is the latest single list file this is after enabling flextep, clicking ok, going to file clicking save as, then clicking on same single file again then re opening the file again as usual. BEFORE.jpgAFTER.jpg

Last edited:

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I kept wondering, when I would open a file and check that I had the control channel frequencies for counties that hardly ever get any hits anymore, they had changed? As long as I don't try to add or change any of the frequencies and (don't) klick on OK just close out the program it will be fine the next time I open it. Not complaining, just thought I would make others aware so maybe they won't run into the same problem! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.