ARC500 or WIN500 - Trying to decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
I know this is an old topic and I have searched and read other postings but I'd value a few opinions from those who made the choice recently.

Situation:
I have ARC300 for my none digital scanners. It works fine. I have two Radio Shack Digital scanners that I want to program with software. Remote control with Audio would be cool and I'd try it if it's included.

Butel are honoring the Thanksgiving deal of 50% of making it a $20.00 purchase for ARC 500.

WIN500 does not seem to have any discounts but does have included remote control.

Questions:
1) I usually don;t need support for an application unless the application itself is bad. How is the support from Starrsoft? I know Butel are very responsive in email.
2) Is anyone using the remote capability of WIN500 to control and listen to your scanner over IP/Internet? I would like to get your opinions.
3) Is anyone aware of a MAC Scanner application or something for the iPad that will allow remote control?
4) Cost is a major issue as I am unemployed.

Before anyone suggests using the product for 30 days so I can get a feel for it, I did download it a year ago, and spent a day using it. I tried downloading again today but the trial has expired. Shame, I now have a lot more time to play with it.

Thanks,

Kevin

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
Just loaded Win500 on a Win7 64 bit machine (using parallels VM).

Looks like it works under Parallels 6.x and Mac OS X running a virtual Win 7 64 bit.

I screwed up and sent the defaul data to the scanner instead of uploading from the scanner. I think I better slow down!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.