arc500 question ?

HOW MANY OTHERS HAVE RAN INTO THIS PROBLEM ???

• I AGREE THIS IS VERY CONFUSING TO IMPORT FILES cvs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so ive read the entire manual ....tried several failed methods that work on several other programs including excel but iam stuck lol...

ok i have a file i want to import into arc500 but it appears noit a simple way to do it .... the manual say click import a window pops up then click file and open again lol and then choose your file done all this no problem now i have a window open with all my freqs i want to upload into the main window ..... all i can do is edit them theres NO WAY to copy them to the other main window ??????? and so far i havent been able to find a step by step sollution it seems that a simple buttom called .....IMPORT.... WOULD HAVE BEEN SO SO SIMPLE BUT NO ANY IDEAS LOL ????

I've tried a simple copy and paste from the cvs window ....import and modifier ..mapper .... copy and paste does nothing ...

Maybe a step by step is needed as this appears to be a big problem and after 4 hours theres a trick iam un aware of please ...thanks

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
You open the CSV file in the import window and then you can highlight data in the grid and use the copy option from the edit menu or a right mouse click. Then go to for example the conventional grid and paste the data.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Ok I've done all that and theres only paste dept or paste channel or paste system ....
I should be able to have a blank new file import cvs choose file and then choose all once highlighted right click then choose copy then go to left side ....which is all blanks ...
Then click somewhere ???? And have a menu tha5s gives me a choice of paste ??? I cant find such a animal in this barnyard anywhere ????

here the pics of the arc500 i have and as you can see its not like yours any help would be appreciated.. thanks
73s
kc5fws
Monte

p.s.
all of the arc programs are just like this also and i cant figure them out i have to be just over looking something ... i havent used them untill now as i havent had time .... and now thanks to covid 19 ihave all the time in the world ..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 16
well its arc patrol at the moment iam working on but its same as my arc 536 also once i get them figured out ill work on the others for scanners i have lol

well it appears the manual is of no help here at all so with trial and ALL errors all three of the arc programs iam having the same problem at the same place mmmmm???? i guess either iam totally used to commercial programs that have more automation in there programs or iaqm totally missing something ive tried to im[port from radio refference the same as all my other programs but i guess i dont understand how the ARC programs are designed ??? a step by step instructions ......which are not in the manual would be so so so helpful ..... i guess if all a person has programed is scanners this would be easier but for someone that programs mainly transcievers and commercial and some amatuer this program is all different someone is you have a step by step of importing entire trucked systems and depts please post i will forever be greatful heres where iam stuck see pics

Attachments

• arc500 problem 1.jpg
    arc500 problem 1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
  • arc500 problem 2.jpg
    arc500 problem 2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 20
well ive looked and dont see anything wrong still showas ....please select at least 1 file and sometimes i have 20 freqs selected as above pics show heres the pics of all the settings for tags taslk groups and filters see anything that i should change ???

Attachments

• arc7.jpg
    arc7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
  • arc8.jpg
    arc8.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 19
  • arc9.jpg
    arc9.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 16
  • arc10.jpg
    arc10.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 9
well as i try to select feqs as pic shows no matter how many i choose it still says ...please select atleast 1 freq .... mmmm ive tried everything i can think of .... does anyone have a arc software for dumbies book i need to buy it i guess lol

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Don't you need to select at least one :unsure:
1621665005391.png
If your gonna check the Service Tag Filter box.. :unsure:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
well as i try to select feqs as pic shows no matter how many i choose it still says ...please select atleast 1 freq .... mmmm ive tried everything i can think of .... does anyone have a arc software for dumbies book i need to buy it i guess lol

None of your screenshots show any frequencies at all. You need to see frequencies on the screen before you can copy and paste them.

well screen shot pic 2 shows freqs but no way to Import is the button to click noway to copy and paste but for sme reason it doesnt recognice the selct all feature or 1 at am time see pic 2 and why does it keep saying i cant copy the entire p25 network ??? it says ive selected more than 32 freqs and do i want to duplicate the freq if i say yes i have 3 of each and if i say no it does nothing ? ill try unclicking the service tage filtyewr box as it appears not to be working then i didnt know that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.