ARC500 Software Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgbrengel

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone. I've been a scanning enthusiast for a while and was very timid to purchasing a digital/trunking scanner...I'm very much a convential guy. I may be around here needing some help setting up this thing, it's very confusing.

Anyhow...I just received my new PSR500 scanner and ARC500 software today. I went to load the ARC500 software into the computer and I receive the following error message:
Error 1402.Could not open key: UNKNOWN\RICHTEXT.RichtextCtrl.1\CLSID. Verify that you know sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

Not sure why this message is displaying. Purchased the software and scanner from Scanner Master.

Anyone got some suggestions? Thanks for the help!

jim49

I purchased arc500 with my psr600 too. Turned out to be a mistake. Too many ongoing serious bugs. I switched to psredit and took the loss. Psredit is a good program and works well. Win500 is great too. I'd recommend changing to either of them.

k4njk

This sounds like a windows permissions error. Use an account with administrative priviledges and reinstall the software. Try to run the software under the same account.

Status
Not open for further replies.