ARc500 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnor1

Hello: I installed the ARc500 Software and everything is working great except for some reason I can not connect to RadioReference within the software. I sent a e-mail to Bu-Tel and was told it was the FIREWALL BLOCKING THE CONNECTION. I turned off all security software on my computer that I know of and still can not connect. At the bottom of the screen of the RR box it says INIT. NOT OK. CAN'T READ USER DATA. I have installed the new versoin of the software V1.4 and running Windows 7 32-bit. I am not sure if anyone out there had or is having the same problem. Oh yes I also tried the software on a computer running WINDOWS XP PRO and same problem. I also log into RR website to. OK would really love to hear if anyone could help me and I THANK YOU FOR READING MY PROBLEM. Bye from Don.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
INIT. NOT OK. CAN'T READ USER DATA
Insure your User Name and Password are correct then press green Connect button.

User Name and Password are the same as RR logon.

Last edited:

donnor1

Have done all that:

Insure your User Name and Password are correct then press green Connect button.

User Name and Password are the same as RR logon.

Hello and thank you for the speedy reply. Yes I have check and recheck my user name and password are correct and even log into RR website just to make sure they are right. What happens when I click the CONNECT BUTTON a get a red box at the left and at the bottom says"" connecting "" then that INIT. NOT OK is shown. Like I said I have tried it on two different computers with no luck. I am completely confused because I do not think it can be my FIREWALL since I turn all security off. Not sure if you have any other ideas but I do THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. Bye again from Don.

Highpockets

Hello and thank you for the speedy reply. Yes I have check and recheck my user name and password are correct and even log into RR website just to make sure they are right. What happens when I click the CONNECT BUTTON a get a red box at the left and at the bottom says"" connecting "" then that INIT. NOT OK is shown. Like I said I have tried it on two different computers with no luck. I am completely confused because I do not think it can be my FIREWALL since I turn all security off. Not sure if you have any other ideas but I do THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION. Bye again from Don.

Just for the heck of it, try a different software, try this one, 30 day free trial:

Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The red box is correct but disappears after connection. My system is Windows 7 64bit but 32 should work the same. My first run on any new software requires an approval permission popup but provides a selection to not require for this software again.

You indicated the same problem with XP. Could be your router may be the problem.

However, try Win500 as Steve mentioned above. BTW, I use Norton which takes over for firewall settings.

donnor1

Maybe the router:

Hello FMON and thank you for the information. I noticed you said you use Norton and when you click "disable firewall" does that mean all firewall on the computer is disabled? NOW FOR THE ROUTER, I was thinking the same thing since RR program will not work on any computer I have. Now routers are way out of my range on how to use, I know how to sign in and that's about it. Do you think I have to open a port ( it says the programs uses Port 80 which I believe is always open. Would you have any idea how I would configure my router to allow this program to work? OK hope to hear from you and again thank you for the past information. Bye again from Don.
OH I am using a Wireless Dir 655 D-link router.

DonS

It's unlikely that an external router is blocking "Web Service" access to RR (which, as you note, uses the normal HTTP port 80).

If any "firewall" is blocking access, it must be running on the PC(s) on which you're trying to run the software. Such firewall / anti-virus / anti-malware software might require that you explicitly allow a particular EXE file or program to open connections to the outside world.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hello FMON and thank you for the information. I noticed you said you use Norton and when you click "disable firewall" does that mean all firewall on the computer is disabled? NOW FOR THE ROUTER, I was thinking the same thing since RR program will not work on any computer I have. Now routers are way out of my range on how to use, I know how to sign in and that's about it. Do you think I have to open a port ( it says the programs uses Port 80 which I believe is always open. Would you have any idea how I would configure my router to allow this program to work? OK hope to hear from you and again thank you for the past information. Bye again from Don.
OH I am using a Wireless Dir 655 D-link router.
You and Don Starr are correct on router.

I use Norton 360 which has a listing of allowed programs for Internet operations. Firewall>Program Rules tab. All scanner software programs are listed as well as other programs.

However, in Windows 7 a Windows popup appears when the program is first used. If one unchecked the "show when running this program" the popup won't appear again with the program.

In XP, one needed to add the program when first run. In both operating systems, the details are in Norton's firewall section.

Your virus software should also have a listing of allowed programs.

donnor1

I guess nothing will work:

Hello everyone who give me information and I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP. But I guess for some reason my RR button in the ARc500 software is not going to work. I have tried everything like disabling the firewall and antivirus and all security on my computer, I've tried it on three different computers and on one computer I completely uninstalled my antivirus plus turning off Windows firewall and Windows defender and for some reason it will not work on any computer. So I got an idea I had my son download the software who lives in Acton and RR button worked perfect for him. I even bypassed the router and connect it directly to my modem,I am not sure if this might be the problem but I am on satellite Internet if that has anything to do with it. I just cannot figure why it will not work but as time goes on I will keep on trying and I' STILL WOULD APRRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE MIGHT HAVE. Okay again thank you for all your help and sure do hope to hear from someone that might have a new idea. Bye for now Don.

Highpockets

Hello everyone who give me information and I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP. But I guess for some reason my RR button in the ARc500 software is not going to work. I have tried everything like disabling the firewall and antivirus and all security on my computer, I've tried it on three different computers and on one computer I completely uninstalled my antivirus plus turning off Windows firewall and Windows defender and for some reason it will not work on any computer. So I got an idea I had my son download the software who lives in Acton and RR button worked perfect for him. I even bypassed the router and connect it directly to my modem,I am not sure if this might be the problem but I am on satellite Internet if that has anything to do with it. I just cannot figure why it will not work but as time goes on I will keep on trying and I' STILL WOULD APRRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE MIGHT HAVE. Okay again thank you for all your help and sure do hope to hear from someone that might have a new idea. Bye for now Don.

Did you try any of the other programming software?

donnor1

Problem solved with no luck:

Hello; well i e-mailed butel who makes the software and he say the problem is that i have satellite and time delay that is causing the program not to work. He says they are working on the problem so i am out of luck and will have to use the cut and paste method. So thank you for all the help. Bye from don .

Status
Not open for further replies.