ARC536 Pro - Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlopff

Premium Subscriber
When I upload my systems, I am able to select which Quick Key systems to start up. I understand how to do this when uploading my Quick Keys. In some systems, I only wish to scan a select number of "Departments". Yet when I upload my file all the departments start up, all start up and then I have to turn them off using the scanner.
How can I set the departments I wish to scan in each system using the software?

WA1LMC

I have been using Butel software for years but programming my friends 536HP, I found the Sentinel software far superior. The ARC536 makes programming a complicated radio far more difficult than it has to be. The only thing the ARC536 is good for is it's virtual control and that could be improved. I ask myself why I paid 70.00 for software that is not as user friendly as the FREE Sentinel software. Try the rfree software before you lay down $$$ for ARC536PRO.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I have been using Butel software for years but programming my friends 536HP, I found the Sentinel software far superior. The only thing the ARC536 is good for is it's virtual control and that could be improved. I ask myself why I paid 70.00 for software that is not as user friendly as the FREE Sentinel software. Try the rfree software before you lay down $$$ for ARC536PRO.

Definitely a YMMV thing. Pretty sure I never programmed my 436 with Sentinal (or maybe once) and definitely have not done so with my SDS100. Proscan rocks, and ARC536 does a good job editing favorite lists too. The only thing I use Sentinal for is updating firmware.

But, like I said, YMMV. Try all three (Proscan and ARC536 have 30 day trials) and use the one YOU prefer.

Proscan and ARC536 have virtual control too, which I find an essential feature, but I'm sure many folks do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.