ARC536PRO Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
I have the latest update to ARC536PRO and have a question. Where in ARC536PRO can i set a hold time lets say for 4 seconds after the units quit talking? I see a hold time in the picture below but it seems this will hold each site for 4 seconds causing my site scans to be delayed by 4 seconds each site. thats not what im wanting im wanting it to hold for 4 seconds after the broadcast ends.

for example im missing parts of the conversation when dispatch calls for an officer it will immediately start scanning if the officer dosn't answer by the time the call clears. i'm wanting a delay in scanning once the call clears of 4 seconds or so.

hold time.jpg

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the latest update to ARC536PRO and have a question. Where in ARC536PRO can i set a hold time lets say for 4 seconds after the units quit talking? I see a hold time in the picture below but it seems this will hold each site for 4 seconds causing my site scans to be delayed by 4 seconds each site. thats not what im wanting im wanting it to hold for 4 seconds after the broadcast ends.

for example im missing parts of the conversation when dispatch calls for an officer it will immediately start scanning if the officer dosn't answer by the time the call clears. i'm wanting a delay in scanning once the call clears of 4 seconds or so.

View attachment 123639
The "Hold Time" is set at the system level. That forces the scanner to stay in the same system, for 4 seconds (or whatever you choose) before moving on to the next system.

What you need to do, instead, is increase the Delay for your talkgroups of interest. The default is two seconds, but you can go longer if so desired. Your choices include zero, up to 5 seconds in 1 second steps. Your next choices are 10 or 30 seconds.

You also can set a negative delay, if you have a channel that drags on more than you want. I use a negative on Dallas Fire Rescue's station dispatch frequency. "Dispatch Debbie", the automated voice, sometimes gets stuck, and resends the same run several times in a row.

The delay setting can be changed on both conventional (non-trunked) frequencies, as well as talkgroups on a trunked system. These are at the Department, not system, level.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
The "Hold Time" is set at the system level. That forces the scanner to stay in the same system, for 4 seconds (or whatever you choose) before moving on to the next system.

What you need to do, instead, is increase the Delay for your talkgroups of interest. The default is two seconds, but you can go longer if so desired. Your choices include zero, up to 5 seconds in 1 second steps. Your next choices are 10 or 30 seconds.

You also can set a negative delay, if you have a channel that drags on more than you want. I use a negative on Dallas Fire Rescue's station dispatch frequency. "Dispatch Debbie", the automated voice, sometimes gets stuck, and resends the same run several times in a row.

The delay setting can be changed on both conventional (non-trunked) frequencies, as well as talkgroups on a trunked system. These are at the Department, not system, level.

thanks thats what i'm looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.