ARC536Pro SDS200 Trunking Alpha / Channel tag missing in Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

apx70001

Premium Subscriber
I am running ARC536Pro version 2.2 Build 11 full version
Radio is SDS200
In Virtual Control SDS, I am seeing the Talkgroup (description) displayed in the MAIN WINDOW....but it is NOT getting logged in the LOG (below the Main screen) Alpha / Channel tag is BLANK except for Analog channels.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am running ARC536Pro version 2.2 Build 11 full version
Radio is SDS200
In Virtual Control SDS, I am seeing the Talkgroup (description) displayed in the MAIN WINDOW....but it is NOT getting logged in the LOG (below the Main screen) Alpha / Channel tag is BLANK except for Analog channels.
Yes I pointed this out to Butel and they said they were going to fix this and several other problems, That was several months ago, still no update to the program, maybe if you send them an email pointing this out to them they may try a little harder on a update for the program.
Steve

apx70001

Premium Subscriber
Yes I pointed this out to Butel and they said they were going to fix this and several other problems, That was several months ago, still no update to the program, maybe if you send them an email pointing this out to them they may try a little harder on a update for the program.
Steve
Oh good Steve, Thank you for replying. I have emailed Butel twice with screen shots too and got no response. Butel are you listening???

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Oh good Steve, Thank you for replying. I have emailed Butel twice with screen shots too and got no response. Butel are you listening???
You're welcome hopefully soon they Will fix several of the issues with this software but it is really sad that this is going on and on and on Maybe I'll think twice Before I buy software For my scanners in the future From Butel

Ubbe

Butel often advertise lifetime free upgrades but after 2-3 years from the realese he stops doing upgrades and focus on new software he can sell. Fixing old software for free doesn't earn him any money. I reported some problems and bugs that he acknowledge and that was some 3 years after release but he never came out with any more updates to that older software.

You probably need to buy it when it is released and then report bugs within the first couple of years and stay off any older software if you have bought an older second hand scanner and are looking for a programming software. But the SDS200 are so new that you would think that he would be quick to fix any bugs in the program. But perhaps a SDS200 fix will break the 536s log function and he needs time to figure it out. But time is money and he doesn't get paid to fix those kind of things and he waits for a time when he is between other paying projects.

/Ubbe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
A couple of months ago I brought the Alpha / Channel tag is BLANK and other problems to his attention, I even did some beta testing on updates he sent me, there were three or four and then he told me he had enough information to fix the problem and I have not seen any updates come out. The program checks for updates every time you start it and there have been no updates.

apx70001

Premium Subscriber
Good news, I received a email reply from Butel this morning saying, "This is a known issue and will be fixed in next build available in November"

Status
Not open for further replies.