ARC536PRO software and logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am running a SDS100 SCANNER AND Arc536PRO Software and logging the information to the LOG SCREEN, if it logs a analog/conventional frequency it will show the frequency in the frequency column and also show the channel tag information in it's column. but none of this information is put into the columns in the Bell fleetnet system. Also with the fire system that is a p25 system the information in the channel tags and frequency column are empty. How do I get the information to show up in these two columns with these digital systems, I have all the information in the Favorites lists filled in but it does not show up ??
Any help appreciated
Steve

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    218.3 KB · Views: 41

Dan_M

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS200 and have gotten intermod on it is this possible that is what you are getting. I can try to simulated if that was the list of channels. I live am south of Buffalo a by lake Erie past Hamburg NY.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I think I will send a Message to Butel about this.
Steve
Yep, sounds like a plan.
Usually Gommert is pretty responsive so hopefully he will have an answer for you.

Is your copy of Arc536Pro the most current version. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this weirdness.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I like ProScan it does a good job logging.

There is one thing the Arc536pro does that Proscan does not. That is log fire tone out info.
If Proscan does this, I've sure missed it since Proscan first started years ago!

I do find that handy when trying to match tone-outs with certain fire departments.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Yep, sounds like a plan.
Usually Gommert is pretty responsive so hopefully he will have an answer for you.

Is your copy of Arc536Pro the most current version. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause this weirdness.
Yes I have the most recent copy, I sent Gommert a email and see what he says, I tried everything, I noticed this from when I bought the program but never got around to try to see if I could fix it.
Steve

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Something Arc536pro did back in the early days and still does today is create several lines in the log for the same conversation.
A simple conversation may create five lines of log info that is all the same info except for the first entry.
Using a 536HP, only the first entry from a trunked site displays the frequency. Further log entries from the same talkgroup do not contain any frequency info even if the freq has changed. Only when a different talkgroup is seen will Arc log the freq again but only for the first log entry.
It takes a different talkgroup to show up before the frequency is logged again.

I find that kind of strange along with it creating so many lines of log data for the same conversation. I could see that happening if it was capturing a new RID each time that info changes but it does not. Something is just weird about the way Arc536pro logs trunked systems.
Mine did log the channel tags each time however unlike yours which were blank. Maybe an SDSx00 thing. I did not try Arc with my SDS models.
My conventional tests also worked just fine like yours did.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Something Arc536pro did back in the early days and still does today is create several lines in the log for the same conversation.
A simple conversation may create five lines of log info that is all the same info except for the first entry.
Using a 536HP, only the first entry from a trunked site displays the frequency. Further log entries from the same talkgroup do not contain any frequency info even if the freq has changed. Only when a different talkgroup is seen will Arc log the freq again but only for the first log entry.
It takes a different talkgroup to show up before the frequency is logged again.

I find that kind of strange along with it creating so many lines of log data for the same conversation. I could see that happening if it was capturing a new RID each time that info changes but it does not. Something is just weird about the way Arc536pro logs trunked systems.
Mine did log the channel tags each time however unlike yours which were blank. Maybe an SDSx00 thing. I did not try Arc with my SDS models.
My conventional tests also worked just fine like yours did.
Yes I brought this up a long time ago about the way the program logs so many lines, it makes no sense to me but they did not agree, there are other things I have complained about like when the program logs a frequency with different tones, when you go to the audio files there are no tones appended to the audio files so you can not figure out who is using the tones, but this fell on def ears also.
Steve

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes I brought this up a long time ago about the way the program logs so many lines, it makes no sense to me but they did not agree, there are other things I have complained about like when the program logs a frequency with different tones, when you go to the audio files there are no tones appended to the audio files so you can not figure out who is using the tones, but this fell on def ears also.
Steve

Have you ever messed with the Uniden Wav files player that one of the members here wrote? @deim is the users name.
It does a great job at reading and parsing data as well as playing the audio files from most scanners that create them by themselves.
I just looked at some of my audio files from a 536HP and the tone info is embedded in the audio file that the scanner created.
It's a cool program for messing with your audio recordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.