ARC780 with serial to usb cable converter HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye0105

brand of cable

Can someone who actually made ARC780 work with a serial to usb cable tell me which brand and model is the serial to usb cable??

morfis

Bullseye0105 said:
Can someone who actually made ARC780 work with a serial to usb cable tell me which brand and model is the serial to usb cable??

U232-P9 v2.3 - no manufacturer name on it. Made in Taiwan, CE and FCC certified. Bought four on ebay a few years ago for about 7UKP each. They have worked, under XP Pro, with every piece of software I have tried them with so far.

Al42

The Keyspan, Radio Shack and Belkin adapters (with the latest driver on each) have been reported to work with every scanner they've been tried on. (Check the various Yahoo groups - most of them have threads about which adapters work with the particular scanner.)

That said, my GUC232A adapter also works on most scanners I've tried it with, once I let Windows find a driver for it on the internet. It never worked with the drivers I downloaded.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Bullseye0105 said:
Hi. I have a UBC780xlt with ARC780.

I just bought a new laptop computer, and it doesnt have a serial port... So I bought a cable that has one end serial and one end USB... There were drivers that came along with the cable and I installed them.

-I configured the cable drivers, ARC780 and the UBC780 scanner all at 19200 bauds.

-I set up ARC780 to connect trough com port 4 (which is the com port the cable drivers have set up to)

-I activated the "RMT" function on the scanner

but unfortunately ARC780 won't detect that my scanner is connected! Can someone help me?

Ps. I have the most recent ARC780 version, which is 1.181.
Also, I have successfully connected my scanner to my desktop computer many times, which has a serial port.

ARC780 1.18 will work fine with USB adaptors, most problems are caused by outdated USB device drivers, contact the supplier or check manufacturers website for latest USB device driver software.

Gommert
www.butelsofware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.