ARC96 Continuing Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all who have previously responded to my ARC96 issues.

After numerous clean wipes of my R/S PRO96 and ARC96 uploads, it still gets stuck on one bank filled with UN-Trunked Freq's, when starting to scan. Sometimes it might scan some of the other programmed banks but then gets stuck on another bank.

What am I doing wrong. I have tried all sorts of different settings on different banks before uploading. Still have not hit the right combination. I thought buying the software would make it so simple. Not so far!

My questions regarding the settings for each bank: What is the proper setting as far as Bank Enabled? Closed Mode,(Checked or Unchecked), Bank Type (Trunk Setting or not, if only Conventional Frequencies), TGID Five Sub Banks, (All Checked or Not? ),ID Delay(mS), (2000???) Should Multi-Tables for MOT 3600 and MOT 9600 Systems be "Edited"?, Rebanded??

I am getting ready throw this out the window or force myself to go back and just manually enter my local frequencies. Thanks in advance for any additional help anyone can provide me

captclint

Mentor
My questions regarding the settings for each bank: What is the proper setting as far as Bank Enabled? Closed Mode,(Checked or Unchecked), Bank Type (Trunk Setting or not, if only Conventional Frequencies), TGID Five Sub Banks, (All Checked or Not? ),ID Delay(mS), (2000???) Should Multi-Tables for MOT 3600 and MOT 9600 Systems be "Edited"?, Rebanded??

I am getting ready throw this out the window or force myself to go back and just manually enter my local frequencies. Thanks in advance for any additional help anyone can provide me
Are you saying that it does not get stuck on a bank if you program by hand? This might support the case that it is only 1 frequency that you may not be programming by hand. Does this happen on conventional (un-trunked) frequencies? If so, system type should be "conventional" Perhaps there is one or two frequencies that is getting interference, digital, or pager overload, etc. Try to figure out if it is getting stuck on one frequency. If so, lock that out and see if it fixed the problem.

I am not an expert on you scanner, but Bank Enabled should be selected Yes if you want to scan that bank. Open/Closed has to do with trunking. If you are programming a trunking system, Select Open until you are very familiar with the system. This will get ALL the TGID's. Later, select closed when you only want to hear certain programmed TGID's Your remaining questions are all for trunk systems, and I gather you are having trouble with conventional, so they are not applicable. If you really have trunked systems, they should download from RR with all these things selected for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.