ARC96 HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
ARC96 Software upload

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOOOPS I may have posted this in the wrong forum initially. I put it in the North Carolina forum. Sorry.

Still trying to get Onslow County, NC Trunked Frequencies along with a few others and VIPER.

OK, So I bought the BuTel ARC96 Software and the R/S USB scanner/PC interface Cable and I am already a member of Radio Reference.

So far I can populate the screen for Bank 5 with the Onlsow County Trunk frequencies. I plug the Cable in and I go to the scanner tab and hit Upload to Scanner. Screen shows the progress bar moving and then complete and then says unplug cable. Bank 5 started with 40 empty channels and then when I check to see what uploaded to Channels 00-40 they are all still empty.

What am I not doing..... or doing wrong??? Any help for a frustrated,computer challenged scanner enthuiast would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JG

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK, did you click on the sites? Did you then click on the TG's? Did you remember to have it set for the bank you wish to load? Did you choose the correct CC set up? If yu would like, I can set up an ARC96 file with just OCTRS in B5 for you with just basic TG's etc... You can then edit it as you wish and C/P everything else into the spots you want etc...

Attachments

• onslow.zip
    1 KB · Views: 59

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
In the upload screen make sure you select the correct com/usb port,
The display should indicate that it is receiving data from the scanner. Also plug the cable in the PC/IF port not the headphone.

Gommert
Butel Software

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks milf,
I think I really screwed up this time. I initially cleared out ALL the channels in Band 5 so I would have enough room for the Onslow County Frequencies. For some stupid reason I then tried to reboot to factory settings so I could start fresh with all blanks. Then I hit the Light Key for the screen andthen something else and the screen says "All Channels Locked Out" so I then tried to manually program a couple of frequencies into 7 of the 10 bands and set it on Scan but it will not receive any of the frequencies that I used to always get last week. Am I screwed or what??
JG

INDY72

No. Just initialize the scanner. Then set up the systems you want in ARC96, and upload it in. Which Firmware/DSP versions is your 96 running?

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I did the initialize. however the message of "All Channels Loceked Out" came right back up. I guess that is because all bands were wiped clean and it will not scan if all bands are empty, right? DUH!
How do you find out what "Firmware" When I turn off/on it quickly displays DSP Loading, boot F1.0. Is that what you mean?
Now that all are blank is there anything else I need to do when I upload the Onslow County Trunking frequencies. Should all other bands be closed except the one that will get the upload??
I hate to sound so dumb but it is really getting frustrating. I thought by purchasing the software and cable it would be so much easier. I have been listening for over 40 years since they first had little cigararete size boxes that you put up against a transistor readio and it converted the signal to the police frequency when I lived in Cleveland OH.

INDY72

To display Firmware Version and current DSP version, power off, turn on and as the welcome screen loads, press 3. It should then beep and display the data. Mine is Firmware 1.4, DSP 1.4

I may soon add an second one to the collection and dedicate each to an different system.

Add the Onslow System to whichever bank you want to use. To fix the issue with "All Locked Out" just unlock one of the banks lol. I would suggest now using the software to download all the stuff you want. Say Onslow Couny to Bank 1, VIPER to Bank 2 etc... Be sure to have the banks turned on, proper reband tables set, and to hear only the TG's that you program in, set the bank to closed mode.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again, I did get O/C Trunk uploaded to Band 0 and after a few days of silence finally got some Jacksonville,NC PD stuff and some Onslow County, NC Sheriff channells. However when I went to load the 40 Conventional frequencies to Band 2 , the computer showed an upload and I isolated band 2 on the scanner and pressed manual and it immediately jumped to Band O with the trunked frequencies even though Band 0 was not showing on the screen.

BTW: Firware info is
CPU F1.4
DSP:APP F1.2
DSP:VOC F1.0

Thanks again for all your help!

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Oh Man!!! I am sorry for being such a pest but as soon as I get one band programmed with the O/C trunked stuff...then move to another band for Viber and then another band for Non-Trunked only the most recent uploaded band shows up. All other bands lose their previously upladed frequencies. Thought I had something when the O/C trunked stuff came in but it was erased when I uploaded other stuff onanother band. What am I doing wrong?? Really appreciate all your help

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
You can only do full uploads not single banks. To 'add' data first read from the scanner in the ARC96, then add the new data and send the file back. This is a limitation of the scanner.

Gommert
Butel Software

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Thanks BuTelsoftware

AH HA!!! So, since I erased all the banks and am starting clean I guess I really would not have any data to read from the scanner.

It sounds like I need to populate each bank's spreadsheet on the software with the frequency downloads from RRef and then wait until I get everything I want in each new blank bank spreadsheet before uploading to a blank scanner.Right?

Will a muti-bank upload then allow for scanning of those uploaded 4-5 banks instead of what I previously experienced when it defaulted to the most recent uploaded single bank? Sure hope so.

I really appreciate this clarification! Thanks.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
OK I populated 7 Banks with different Frequencies and then did ONE upload which put those freq's into the scanner...however it will not scan from one bank to another. It gets stuck on one bank and eventhough it flashes on that bank # as if scanning all the channels in the bank....there is no transmission of any broadcasts. When I press that bank's# on the keypad it starts to flash onanother populated bank but still no transmissions. Where did I screw up? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thought I was getting so close when I saw all the banks fill up.. Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
arc

There is a tickbox to allow or not allow it to wipe the scanner first and there is an option to just add current channels or "frequencies".Great software! I have it for Home patrol,996xt and the PSR-600.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what a "Tickbox" is.

I haved saved all the populated banks on the computer so I do not mind wiping thescanner completely clean and then doing a Re- Upload but I must be missing a step for it not to scann all programmed banks. What am I not doing or doing wrong?? Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

JACKNTB2012

Premium Subscriber
***Thanks Gommert, Still running into all banks getting uploaded but then scanner freezes on one and does not scan at all. I must not have all the boxes checked or unchecked. Can you please review this info?
When getting ready to enter freq's into a bank the one screen has the following display: Bank Enabled (Check or unCheck??), Closed Mode, (Check or Uncheck??);
Trunk Settings UHF/VHF Single Table; Frequency 406,Offset 380,Step25, Does it make a difference that the Trunk Freq's for Onslow County, NC, Jacksonville,PD etc start at 852.2875 and go up to 853.7875?? Do I need to change the Freq in that box from 406 to 852??? *

Thanks again for all your help.**

Status
Not open for further replies.