arc996 file names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmoz

I have changed the names of several systems and would like the system file names to reflect the changes but I can not figure out how to make this happen. The software just uses the original file name no matter what I try.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Frank

Highpockets

Gmoz said:
I have changed the names of several systems and would like the system file names to reflect the changes but I can not figure out how to make this happen. The software just uses the original file name no matter what I try.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Frank

Maybe you can change it within the program.

Last edited:

n2mdk

In the File menu use Save System As when you save it change the name. You can then delete the older file.

Highpockets

n2mdk said:
In the File menu use Save System As when you save it change the name. You can then delete the older file.

I agree, that's the best way to do it, forgot about that myself... Don't know if that will cause a problem though, the pfl file will look for that file name when it loads I think, my software expired or I would try it.

Last edited:

n2mdk

Highpockets said:
I agree, that's the best way to do it, forgot about that myself... Don't know if that will cause a problem though, the pfl file will look for that file name when it loads I think, my software expired or I would try it.

Hi Steve
Yes if he's using a profile to load from he should create a new profile or save the profile once the systems are renamed and loaded into ARC996, from the files with the new names. You can simply do it your way as well through Windows Explorer using a right click and rename.

Gmoz

Actually I figured it out, once you select a system there is a menu command under file that says clear filenames of all systems. When you click on this all the old file names are cleared and the next time you save it will default the filename as the system name. If you do this I would suggest saving the files in a new location so you do not have duplicate systems with different names.

Thanks for all the help

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.