Arc996 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerWayne

I recently got off my duff and started working with the program. First I built a couple of systems covering my cities Motorola system and then the counties edacs system. Everything worked fine and I was happy. I then added a system for air coverage and then one for FM broadcast stations. Once again everything worked and I was happy.

Then I went to the FCC data base and downloaded all the active freqs for my county. After culling duplicates and isolating trunked systems I cam up with a file of about 1200 freqs in use in the county. Great. I built a system for them and got them into the scanner. Then when I started scanning I noticed that the county system wasn't working. Hmmm.. Not good.

Looked at the county system (which is an edacs system) in ARC996 and discovered that in the first group the leading 0 had been clipped from the records. Hmmm... I put them back in uploaded to the scanner and everything worked fine. ok... I'm happy again..

The next day I loaded ARC996 and jumped into the conventional system and made some corrections and added a few CTS codes that I had noted. Loaded the scanner and fired it up. County didn't work again. Checekd ARC and sure enough the leading 0's in the first group were clipped off again. Manually fixed it, uploaded and everything worked.

It happened two more times. Each time it was after I made some change to an exisiting system.

Now while I like the program; it is very feature rich, I just don't have the time to keep correcting that kind of problem every time I use it. I have gone back to UASD and must tell you that I have not had any problem with that program. Between it and Excell I have managed to build a very nice database of over 1500 frequiencies for my county.

Would anyone have any idea what might be going on with ARC996 to cause such a problem?

Wayne
N4SZY

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Are you referring to a conv or trunk system? You mention a 'county system' of 1200 frequencies and Edacs ?

ARC996 always removes leading zeros of frequencies, this is normal behaviour of the software and does not effect the operation of the scanner.

Please also send me by email one of more system files so I can take a look ( arcsoftware at yahoo dot com )

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

ScannerWayne

Hmmmmm

Ok Gommert, I have sent you a e-mail with the files and hopefully a better explanation of the problem. Want to make a note here for others reading this thread that this morning, when I used ARC996, I was not able to duplicate the problem I described above.

It's been three weeks since I last used the program and perhaps some condition has changed or I've just gotten better at working both the scanner and the software.

In anycase I will use the program and see what happens.

Wayne
N4SZY

Status
Not open for further replies.