ARC996 software- anyone know when the beta will be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

Butel did have a note on their site indicating it would be released in July, but it has since been removed.

RocketNJ

yes, I did pre-order. It stated at one point that I'd have access to the beta software before it is released. Just wondering when the beta for pre-orders will start.

N

NWTSCL

RocketNJ said:
yes, I did pre-order. It stated at one point that I'd have access to the beta software before it is released. Just wondering when the beta for pre-orders will start.
Are you looking for wild answers, or do you want a definite answer? Try asking the source directly if you want a definite answer, instead of asking a bunch of people who have no idea.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'm sure as soon as Grommert has a functional program it will be available. Til' then I'm sure he is really busy.

MacombMonitor

NWTSCL said:
Are you looking for wild answers, or do you want a definite answer? Try asking the source directly if you want a definite answer, instead of asking a bunch of people who have no idea.

Both my responsed were based on fact.

N

NWTSCL

MacombMonitor said:
Both my responsed were based on fact.
Ok. But he isn't asking for what you may have seen on a website, but is no longer there. He is asking for "when the beta will be available".

The only person who knows that is he who is releasing it. Ask him instead of people who can only guess.

wesct

RocketNJ said:
Anyone know when the ARC996 software beta will be available to pre-paying customers?

I was told to contact Scanner Master the first week of July. The final product should be available in August.

wesct

RocketNJ

I was hoping Gommert may have been lurking and had some insight as to when the beta would be available.

I wasn't sure if the beta was available yet or not when you pre-order. I received a confirmation from PayPal that my payment was received but no confirmation from Butel for my order.

Chuck-N4MLN

Quick programming for the 996T?

I will buy the software when it is available but would like a quick guide to manual programming,if there is such a thing....New member here, so thanks for the help.

K9GTJ

Chuck-N4MLN said:
I will buy the software when it is available but would like a quick guide to manual programming,if there is such a thing....New member here, so thanks for the help.

Pick up the USAD software from Uniden. It is free for 996T users and seems to work OK.

http://www.uniden.com/index/downloads.cfm?product=BCD996T

To be honest, without the software, I don't know how anyone could program the thing.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
The beta is out as most who were looking for it likely knows. To my knowledge it is only available to those of us who have prepaid for the full version. Seems to work just fine at this point. While the UASD is ok, and free - I still prefer the Butel products. I use ARC780, ARC396 and now ARC996. Everyone has their own preferences of course.

garys

Premium Subscriber
billfx said:
I ordered from scannermaster, and they tell me they know nothing about a beta verision!?

I ordered directly from Butel and received the link to the download the other day. I'd suggest you email them directly and ask about it.

Gary

wrngnmbr6

It figures Scannermaster wouldn't have a clue......I had a bad experience with them last week when ordering over 1200.00 worth of scanners so I got pissed and gave Grove the sale...but I did end up ordering a few things from Scannermaster one being the software for the 996T and now I'm reading the beta is out and of course I got no email from Scannermaster.....I, like many prefer the Butel software considering I have it for my 330T and 396T....

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Scannermaster is right since there is no ARC996 version released yet.

We did sent a beta to selected customers but is for testing only, next week we will release a version for customers that pre-ordered.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.