I think I found one minor "bug" in the new version last night. I uploaded a conventional system to my 996, with 10 named groups. When I started scanning I only had 9 groups showing, and looking at it on system setup on the scanner, it had added a 'blank' generic group named group 5 or 7 etc. with nothing in the group at all.
It took me 3 tries before I got the system fully loaded. I'm using winXP, 2.9 ghz with a gig of memory. Also using usb to serial cable com 6 at 11520bps, I tried 57600bps with the same results.
I had no problems with the beta version, I had originally programmed it with that, same system, settings, everything -just added a few new channels to it.