Verdugo ICIS Red 4
Verdugo UHF/VHF (Old System) Red 5 Red 10 Green 3 Green 7
Sierra Madre PD Ch1

Last edited:

landonjensen

Fire Update, Sunday, 4-27-08, 2:30 pm
space

Sunday, April 27, 2008, Update 2:30 PM

All Sierra Madre schools, public and private, have been cancelled for Monday, April 28, 2008.

Evacuations are to remain in place through Monday, April 27, 2008 at 6:00 a.m. provided that the fire conditions remain steady. All residents are still strongly urged to leave their homes if they are in the mandatory evacuation area.

Background – new information in bold
The Santa Anita Fire began on Saturday, April 26th has currently burned under 400 acres of wildland urban interface. The only structure damaged at this time is a small out building off of Lotus Lane.

Two firefighters have been injured, one was stung by a bee yesterday afternoon; the other strained his knee working in the steep terrain.

The fire is 5% contained and we are looking at 4-5 days for full containment.

Approximately 1000 people have been evacuated from Oak Crest Drive across Carter Avenue to East Mira Monte Avenue, continuing down Mountain Trail Avenue, across Grandview Avenue to Santa Anita Avenue.

The American Red Cross has opened a shelter at the Hart Park House, 222 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. The number for the American Red Cross is 626-799-0841 x270. A second shelter at the Congregational Church, 170 W. Sierra Madre Blvd. in Sierra Madre, will be available after 4 pm.

CharlesDom

I don't live too far from there but I'm not in any fire danger. I'm close enough to listen to the fire frequencies, makes for good listening. Unfortunately a lot of people have been temporarily evacuated and some structures have burned. I wish the fire fighters and the residents the best, it's a really tough job. Hopefully no more of them will get injured.

Sonar

santaanitafirewy1.jpg

landonjensen

Ca | Sierra Madre | Large Brush Fire | U/d: Chantry Flats (santa Anita Ic) | 23% Containment, 4 Ff Injured, 490 Acres Apprx, 5-7 Days For Containment.

Status
Not open for further replies.