Archive Time Stamp Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I've been searching around RR for the answer to this question (including the feed wikis):

What time zone are the archives stamped with? Is it Eastern for all feeds, or local to the each feed's zone?

I'm trying to listen to Napa County, CA feeds for the very first hours/minutes of yesterday's earthquake, but I'm not sure which time zone the stamps signify.

Thanks!

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I've been searching around RR for the answer to this question (including the feed wikis):

What time zone are the archives stamped with? Is it Eastern for all feeds, or local to the each feed's zone?

I'm trying to listen to Napa County, CA feeds for the very first hours/minutes of yesterday's earthquake, but I'm not sure which time zone the stamps signify.

Thanks!

A little old but.....

http://forums.radioreference.com/li...e-time-zone-support-released.html#post1112273

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
That's a big help, thanks!
I hope that at some point the system can add what zone it's in, after the time stamp.
So, for Napa, CA, it would, for instance, look like: "3:30AM PDT". It would make it easier for us all, I think.
Thanks for responding to my post!

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
I hope that at some point the system can add what zone it's in, after the time stamp.

It does, sort of . . . on an archive page, right above where you select the date, it says this (from my feed, in the Chicago area):

"All archive times are in the feed's local broadcast time zone (CDT)."

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
It does. I just downloaded today's 7:52pm-8:22pm archive from my feed, and it's saving it with the CDT time stamp (in 24-hour time):

201408251952-737762-16712.mp3

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Wait, now I'm confused again!

In the link provided by fxdscon (above, post #2), Lindsay states: "For United States feeds, we've released timezone support for the feed archive times. These times now reflect the time zone that the feed is broadcasted in."
So, doesn't that mean what it says? That in the USA, the time stamps reflect the zone the feed is in? So a California feed is in Pacific Time, yes?

Last edited:

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
When browsing through archives on a feed's Archive page, dates and times represent the feed's local TZ. However, if you download mp3 audio files and look at a file's date/time file naming format, it reflects central time.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
When browsing through archives on a feed's Archive page, dates and times represent the feed's local TZ. However, if you download mp3 audio files and look at a file's date/time file naming format, it reflects central time.

So, if I'm streaming, but not downloading, does that mean the streaming time stamp is local? Or, are archives always downloaded in order to be heard? I'm new to Broadcastify and the archives, so please forgive my "denseness"! Thanks.

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
What you see in the streaming playing will be local time zone. To download the audio file, you would need to click on the arrow icon on the right hand side of the webpage next to the streaming player.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Ok, great! I'm interested in streaming in this case, not downloading. That's what I needed to know.
Thanks for the clarification and to all that replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.