Archives Not Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that although the feeds I listen to have been up and running all day, the archives seemed to have stopped uploading at around 1130 AM CST. Is anyone else having this issue?

Also, I've noticed that when I try to download any one of the archive files, they want to download as a text file.

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amazon Web Services is experiencing significant disruption today. All of our archives are stored on their S3 platform. So, archiving is completely down at this time.

I've been in a meeting all afternoon monitoring the situation, and we do have a backup plan in place to archive to Google's Cloud Storage platform, so as soon as I am able to get back to the office we're going to dust-off that disaster recovery plan to get the archives back up an running.

Thanks for the your patience - there is a HUGE swath of Internet Services that are impacted right now.

Amazon's cloud service has outage, disrupting sites

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Oh, wow. Thanks for the explanation. So is the audio still being archived and is just not appearing on the site?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Unfortunately no

The capability to upload the archives to Amazon's S3 service was completely down, and is still down at this time.

The capability to access existing archives has been recovered by Amazon and is coming back online (archives that were previously archived before the outage)

We've since moved all feed archiving over to Google Cloud Storage Platform as a failover solution at about 3:30PM CST. All feeds should have their archives start to reappear going forward as of 3:30 PM CST.

Tuckrat

Premium Subscriber
Just my luck that this had to happen today! There was a major incident in my town earlier today, but I could not listen as I was in meetings at work. I logged in to listen to my feed archives and they weren't there for the time of the incident!

Thanks for the explanation and thanks for all the hard work you and your team do to keep RR and Broadcastify running!

Status
Not open for further replies.