ArcPatrol update for new HP1 firmware version

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Any word of plans for an update to Arc Patrol to work with the changes and updates to the HomePatrol? Looks like the Virtual Control might actually have some functions now....

strange_bru

Is It A Safe Assumption ???

OCO - am I making the Safe Assumption that Virtual Control in the ARC PATROL package has no present functionality ? I can't get anything to happen when I try to go to Virtual!

The Arc 500 for my PSR is fine ....

Thanks for any input

OCO

I'm using Version 2.00 Build 5 with a current version HP1 E.. The limited functions in that version of Arc Patrol are working, but these new remote commands will require an update:
Set/read volume level
Set/read squelch level
Set/read Global Attenuation status
Replay.
Set/read record on/off
Mute
Avoid System, Department, Channel.

strange_bru

I'm missing something then, Nothing happens when I try to run Virtual Control. It only gives me the option to connect to usb/com1 - My 500 allows me to select usb/com1 or usb/com3 . I have updated the firmware in the HP-1 it's 2.01. Arc Patrol says it's the most recent version when I check for updates. I just purchased the software in the last 1 1/2 Months.

I Appreciate your swift response OCO. I just have to figure out how to get the "Basics" working in Virtual

I don't want to overstay my welcome so if you could point me in the right direction to cure the problem I'll gladly look at it ..

Thanks again,
B_Dub

rwier

I'm missing something then, Nothing happens when I try to run Virtual Control. It only gives me the option to connect to usb/com1 - My 500 allows me to select usb/com1 or usb/com3 . I have updated the firmware in the HP-1 it's 2.01. Arc Patrol says it's the most recent version when I check for updates. I just purchased the software in the last 1 1/2 Months.

I Appreciate your swift response OCO. I just have to figure out how to get the "Basics" working in Virtual

I don't want to overstay my welcome so if you could point me in the right direction to cure the problem I'll gladly look at it ..

Thanks again,
B_Dub

Since no one has mentioned: When you plug the USB into HP-1, you should see a choice....

1) Mass Storage
2) Something else

Select #2 option (can't remember what it says).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
#2 is Serial something -- Thanks (I had forgotten myself) But I still cant connect to virtual

Virtual is working fine here.

Be sure to select the proper com port in the virtual window.

Be sure you have HP-1 serial drivers installed.

rwier

Be sure you have HP-1 serial drivers installed.

That's gonna be the answer, or Catch 22. You won't be able to say "I did that" (for sure) until the Virtual starts working, hah, hah, hah, lol.

OCO

#2 is Serial Port... You must have the HP1 serial drivers installed (sounds like you do). With the cable plugged in, if you've gotten the selection message on the HP1, you most likely do have the USB serial port running on your PC - note that it will disappear from Device Manager if you pull the cable out. I've been having problems lately with something hosing up the port setting for speed. I think the ArcPatrol program likes it at 115200. With the serial port running, I've been using device manager --> Properties to reset the speed.

OCO

As an aside here, I'm running a fairly new ASUS laptop with 64 bit Win7 Home Premium. Is anyone else having issues with the HP1 serial drivers - I end up deleting the drivers and letting the system detect and re-install...Had to do this more than once to get the ArcPatrol app running , but I don't think the AP app is the problem because the Uniden demo programs seem to be the source of the issue.

strange_bru

And Therein lay the problem - I was certain I loaded the serial drivers but shame on me ! I appear to be "virtually connected" now - I can't thank you ALL enough !!!

B_Dub

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
New update will be available early next week. I'm running some final tests with the new VC commands and added nat.wide to the RR import.
Registered users can get a beta by emailing me at arcsoftware at yahoo dot com. I'm specially looking for somebody near a busy trunk system to check the logger works ok.
For programming the current release works fine with firmware 2,02

Gommert
Butel Software

OCO

New update will be available early next week. I'm running some final tests with the new VC commands and added nat.wide to the RR import.
Registered users can get a beta by emailing me at arcsoftware at yahoo dot com. I'm specially looking for somebody near a busy trunk system to check the logger works ok.
For programming the current release works fine with firmware 2,02

Gommert
Butel Software

Logger?

Status
Not open for further replies.