ARCXT Pro/396/996XT RID/UnitID Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting to program the RIDs into my 996&396XT.

Heres my Q...

Can I create a new group,then program all my RIDs into that group...and will they be read when the radio stops on the TG will it show the alpha tagged RID/UnitID..

Or do I have to add them to the TG groups,along with the TG's,then duplicate them for every group?

Am I making sense?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
You should able to create a list of Unit (RID) IDs and when the radio scans it will stop and display both the Talk group ID and the radio Id.

I use a spread sheet layout the info I want to use in the scanner and the paste it in appropriate location in the scanner.

Fantastic!.
Thats the answer I was hoping to get...The alternative was to duplicate,,duplicate,,duplicate...

It will be so much easier to have one group to build & edit.

Thank You!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
If you enter Radio IDs into a group the scanner will stop on all transmissions from that radio regardless of talk group, such as phone patches, private calls (I Calls), etc, provided the ID or it's group are not locked out.

So are you saying that Id be better off creating 1 group,with All the TG's and RID's so when the radio stops on a TG,it will use the tagged RID when the user comes onto the system?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have and yes when a user with the tagged radio unit ID uses any talk group it will appear as the tagged radio on the talk group being used.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Might be saying something you already know, but just in case. . .

Radio IDs have to be prefaced with "i".

I too have created a separate group for Radio IDs. Makes it real easy to import this information from an excel spreadsheet instead of scattering them among other groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.