ProScan: ARCXT Pro or Proscan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack_1962

I have a BCD325P2 and a BCD996P2 and am planning on purchasing the DMR and Provoice upgrades

Which programming software would be best for me? All suggestions welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JASII

Memory Capacity
ProScan: ARCXT Pro Or Proscan?

...Which programming software would be best for me?...

That would depend on what features would make it best for you. What would those features be? Both will do a lot of the same things, but they are not identical. I have had a ARC XT PRO for several years and I am trying Pro Scan, Both offer the opportunity to take them for a demo. I would suggest that you try both and see what you like.

FlapJack_1962

Thank you for the quick reply JASII. Good suggestion. I'll try the demos tonight.

I've been using FreeScan but heard that it will not currently program DMR or Provoice. I really like my Freescan; it's easy to use and allows me to quickly/easily erase everything on the scanner in order to start over fresh.

So far, I haven't used any advanced features of the programming software...currently just using it to program the scanners from the RR database. But, I'll probably start using the advanced features in the future.

Which one of these alternatives will work more like Freescan, make programming DMR and Provoice a breeze, provide an easy to use / intuitive interface, and provide the best quality advanced features?

FlapJack_1962

Thank you for the reply IssaquahMonitor.

But, which one of these two software applications do you love? ARCXT Pro or the ProScan?

FlapJack_1962

Both sounds good, but why purchase both if they do the same thing?

I'm just looking for the best one to fit the requirements listed in one of my posts above.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Many years ago, I used ARC products and I liked them. Then I realized I was paying for full software every time a new scanner came out. I decided to try ProScan and haven't looked back. I can work with 18 different Uniden scanners in the one package. It makes programming much easier.

chris

FlapJack_1962

Many years ago, I used ARC products and I liked them. Then I realized I was paying for full software every time a new scanner came out. I decided to try ProScan and haven't looked back. I can work with 18 different Uniden scanners in the one package. It makes programming much easier.

chris

Good tip, Chris. I was thinking this could be an issue when comparing the two software applications. You verified it's true. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.