• ARCXT-Pro

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Proscan

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frozensun090

I was hoping to get a little insight on what you guys recommend. I currently have a BCD996XT and a BC15, both on separate computers broadcasting live feeds.

I would like to be able to broadcast these feeds with alpha tags, using either ScannerCast(which I have now) or Proscan. I would also like to be able to record audio off a particular system, with the silence intervals cut out.

Which software package do you all recommend, Proscan or ARCXT-Pro? Opinions from both please, THanks.

PS: programming is not as important to me as I can use Freescan in place of ARC.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One thing here - ARC-XT won't work (well) with the BCT15, but it will with the BCT15X. I'm sure that was a typo, but it needs to be clear.

73 Mike

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
if you are really OCD about making everything neat in the programming, then Butel is the better for programming, You can Auto-Justify and Auto Caps everything - i am weird that way i like to have my programming neat and readable - For radio control and everything else Proscan wins, so i have both :)

NYRHKY94

In my opinion, Proscan is the best "all-in-one" program out there for the Uniden line. The combination of full remote control, automated RR streaming, automated Proscan client streaming and audio recording just can't be beat. Each license provides for full server functionality on 2 separate PC's, along with free upgrades. Bob Aune is also top notch from a support perspective.

Easy choice for me!

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If I’m not into streaming my audio, but only in managing and controlling the radio, the better software is…?

tumegpc

I would go with ProScan for the XT scanners and ARC536 for *36HP's scanners. There is no Database support in ProScan for the *36HP series.

Status
Not open for further replies.