Arcxt

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if these are bugs or if it's me, but there are a few things I've noticed about ARC XT that don't seem to work the way they should.

First, I've tried to use Copy System, Copy Site, and Copy Group with no success. The controls seem to work, but the data doesn't copy over. I get blank fields where there was data in the original.

Also, in Configuration, I can't get the background LCD color to change at all. Other features seem to work fine.

Finally, not a bug, but a feature request. Two actually. A Start Up Key Overview like the System Quick Key Overview would be very helpful. Second, the ability to order Systems alphabetically in the System Browser Window. It would be much easier to find systems in alphabetical order rather than the order they were loaded or created.

Thanks.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I need more details how to duplicate the copy problem, systems/sites/groups copy fine here.
When pasting sites/groups it is important to click a system first in the browser else the software does not know where to paste.

What scanner/software version are you using? There was a problem with 996xt backlight but was fixed in 1.4.

To sort systems do a right mouse click in the system browser, there you will find sort option.

Gommert
Butel Software

garys

Premium Subscriber
I need more details how to duplicate the copy problem, systems/sites/groups copy fine here.
When pasting sites/groups it is important to click a system first in the browser else the software does not know where to paste.

Of course I tried this again and had no problem with it. I'll chalk this one up to PEBKAC and move on.

What scanner/software version are you using? There was a problem with 996xt backlight but was fixed in 1.4.

I'm using ARC XT Basic 1.4 Build 1. The last time I checked, last week, this was the latest version.

To sort systems do a right mouse click in the system browser, there you will find sort option.

Gommert
Butel Software

Yep. I always forget about right clicking, which just means I'm not getting the most out of the software.

garys

Premium Subscriber
that is the latest, what exact problems do you see with the backlight? Which scanner model are you using?

Gommert
Butel Software

I just sent the configuration data to the scanner and it worked fine. I don't know what I did differently, or if I just didn't try with the latest version, but it all works fine now.

BTW, I like that ARCXT shows which systems have had changes made. Much easier to keep track that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.