ARDOT District 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I remember back in February last year there was some speculation that ARDOT may have gone to some other radio system, because there was little to no radio traffic on their VHF channels. Well, just today I heard some radio traffic for District 8 on 151.0550, DCS 411 talking about how the roads were beginning to ice up and more sand was needed. So at least in the Russellville area, I'm still hearing them on their VHF frequency.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Where I work, our venue and meeting rooms are often used for ARDOT trainings. We’ve had fifty or more of their trucks in the parking lot before. I looked in several and if they had a radio in them it was a VHF radio. Nothing else. And several of them had no radio or antenna at all. So that was odd. But anyway, seems it’s VHF only as the db shows. I think they just don’t usually talk on them except for events like today, with the snowfall.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
From what we all gather, its FirstNet type cellular and VHF for everyone except the AHP division of ARDOT. Strange they never went to AWIN except the AHP. Has anyone looked at the AHP cars to see if they still have VHF to be able to talk to the Maintenance folks?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
From what we all gather, its FirstNet type cellular and VHF for everyone except the AHP division of ARDOT. Strange they never went to AWIN except the AHP. Has anyone looked at the AHP cars to see if they still have VHF to be able to talk to the Maintenance folks?

Well locally they have VHF to talk to local LEO/dispatch so...I'm not sure if they talk to other ARDOT crews on channels or not.

wbswetnam

I saw this truck in the parking lot yesterday. It has the stub for an antenna, but no antenna! LOL

Attachments

• ARDOT_Truck.jpg
    ARDOT_Truck.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.