ARDOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktedder

Does anyone know what radio system ARDOT uses and what their frequencies are. I’m having trouble finding them. Thanks

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Based on the antennas I see on the trucks here they are on VHF. I know about a year or two ago they put up a new tower on a mountain here.

This is what is listed in the database (stilltitled as highway and transportation dept which is their old name... that needs to be updated to Arkansas Dept of Transportation since their name changed (@milf)).

Try plugging those in and see what you hear. It matches the antennas and radios they run since by all appearances they have conventional radios with vhf antennas.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Only a few ARDOT folks have AWIN other that AHP. Expect that to change within the next few years as part of the 5 year plan for AR communications.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Only a few ARDOT folks have AWIN other that AHP. Expect that to change within the next few years as part of the 5 year plan for AR communications.

Tagged you because the page needs updated. They are not called the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department. They are now Arkansas Department of Transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.