Ardv1/Ardv10-pc-computer-control-new-s-w

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Getting old. Misread your post and thought it was a DV1, not DV10.

I no longer have a DV10, returned it for a refund, however the above driver worked with it on Windows 7. Did you remember to uninstall AND delete the previous drivers as I described above ?

Last edited:

Zodian01

Hi Marlbrook.

Did a COMPLETE system restore. It cleared everything. Browsers, programs, games, utilities. The registry, updates, security software.....the lot. Even my personal files, pictures, emails and work. Gave the PC an entire frontal lobotomy and started again from scratch. Still no joy. I put it down to the fact that I must be an out-date thick-f#ck who has bitten off more than I can chew. Oh for the days of SSB CB's, PMR, SW and satellite decoding. I missed a whole generation of radio, pursuing my career in teaching. I recently retired and thought I'd indulge myself with the latest technology. My last set-up was a Realistic 2006 and a decent HF receiver. Back then you could listen to anything. The police and blue-light's, the military and even Prince Charles making suggestive remarks to Camilla behind Diana's back. How times have changed. Did have a bit of fun with a Baofeng UV5 a few years ago, but it's all a bit complicated now.

Serious about flogging the DV10. It's 'as new'. The only thing I've been able to do is charge the damn battery!!!!

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to say the AR-DV10 is a problem device in many ways. The AR-DV1 has none of the DV10's deficiencies.

I am an AOR man, and have been for years, but returned the DV10 after doing a lot of tests, and consulting others.

I am not going to repeat the posts of others and myself about the DV10. I am sure you can find lots. Some posts deny the radio is flawed, however why they do that is a matter for conjecture. There are some interesting Facebook Groups about the DV1 and DV10 which are worth joining. I am an Admin for several of them and would be pleased to have you join.

Your decision of course re. selling the DV10. Not sure how long you have had it. Have a close look at the AR-DV1, that will provide you with all the DV10 should have delivered, without the complications. If you have to have a handheld then the Icom ICR30 is excellent, but sadly lacks DMR Mode. In some parts of the World a seriously bad mistake on Icom's part.

Out of interest, even if the Drivers had worked, the DV10's firmware still has flaws which cause it to lock up during remote control, and can only run again after battery removal. Despite the Receiver being available for some time, AOR have not cured those problems (or acknowledged them openly).

I eventually used the fact that the DV10 could not be adequately controlled externally as my reason for returning it for a refund. It is still true. Some commands work, some are a disaster, and AOR advertise the DV10 as being able to be controlled by external software. That means it does not fit its advertised capabilities, even now.

Last edited:

Zodian01

Sorry to say the AR-DV10 is a problem device in many ways. The AR-DV1 has none of the DV10's deficiencies.

I am an AOR man, and have been for years, but returned the DV10 after doing a lot of tests, and consulting others.

I am not going to repeat the posts of others and myself about the DV10. I am sure you can find lots. Some posts deny the radio is flawed, however why they do that is a matter for conjecture. There are some interesting Facebook Groups about the DV1 and DV10 which are worth joining. I am an Admin for several of them and would be pleased to have you join.

Your decision of course re. selling the DV10. Not sure how long you have had it. Have a close look at the AR-DV1, that will provide you with all the DV10 should have delivered, without the complications. If you have to have a handheld then the Icom ICR30 is excellent, but sadly lacks DMR Mode. In some parts of the World a seriously bad mistake on Icom's part.

Out of interest, even if the Drivers had worked, the DV10's firmware still has flaws which cause it to lock up during remote control, and can only run again after battery removal. Despite the Receiver being available for some time, AOR have not cured those problems (or acknowledged them openly).

I eventually used the fact that the DV10 could not be adequately controlled externally as my reason for returning it for a refund. It is still true. Some commands work, some are a disaster, and AOR advertise the DV10 as being able to be controlled by external software. That means it does not fit its advertised capabilities, even now.
Hi Marlbrook. I've had the infernal thing for a week. Will try and advertise it on the site, see if there are any takers. Many thanks for taking the time out to reply to me.

Kind regards, Anthony.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
eSPYonARD - NEW UPDATE SOON

In the last update the Band Scope speed was increased considerably, against all the odds.

In the new update the time it takes to set-up a new Band Scope 'SWEEP' has been reduced by more than 60%. That is a considerable enhancement, and required a lot of work and 'lateral' thinking.

I am putting the finishing touches to V.6.0007-019, which I hope will be uploaded to www.espyonard.com in December. Their are other additions too, and everything has to be tested naturally.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
NEW AOR AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE - 1907B

Great to see AOR are still working on the AR-DV1 and releasing Firmware updates.

I have just upgraded to 1907B successfully. Despite their usual warnings the upgrade did not wipe anything from my DV1's memories, but up to each person to decide whether to back them up first or not.

I have not had time to do any in depth testing of 1907B.

No criticism intended, I probably understand more than most that it can happen. but on a couple of previous occasions new firmware did introduce some Gremlins, however the indications are AOR have adopted a more rigorous approach to testing since then.

Well done AOR. Hopefully this will 'put to bed' some posts saying the DV1 is no longer current, and indicates they appreciate how important the Radio is in their product line.

Just wish they would bend to many Customer's wishes and introduce Trunk Tracking and extended P25 options. Then they could take on the 'Scanner' Market in earnest. As most of us know the AR-DV1 is advertised as a 'wide band Receiver' than has scanning functions.

Lots more functions with some software, lol.

In my last post I mentioned the next eSPYonARD update. It will now not only decrease the speed it takes to set up a new Band Scope Sweep (by > 70%) but also contains 10 'Sweep Memory' options, for easy retrieval and fast execution.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Hi Marlbrook.

Did a COMPLETE system restore. It cleared everything. Browsers, programs, games, utilities. The registry, updates, security software.....the lot. Even my personal files, pictures, emails and work. Gave the PC an entire frontal lobotomy and started again from scratch. Still no joy. I put it down to the fact that I must be an out-date thick-f#ck who has bitten off more than I can chew. Oh for the days of SSB CB's, PMR, SW and satellite decoding. I missed a whole generation of radio, pursuing my career in teaching. I recently retired and thought I'd indulge myself with the latest technology. My last set-up was a Realistic 2006 and a decent HF receiver. Back then you could listen to anything. The police and blue-light's, the military and even Prince Charles making suggestive remarks to Camilla behind Diana's back. How times have changed. Did have a bit of fun with a Baofeng UV5 a few years ago, but it's all a bit complicated now.

Serious about flogging the DV10. It's 'as new'. The only thing I've been able to do is charge the damn battery!!!!
Followed your comments. Like Jeff, I also purchased a DV10 and had no issues communicating with it. I am using an HP laptop running Win7 Pro. I don't recall the driver I used when I purchased my DV1 but it worked first time with eSpy and ArcDV1 software. I was also able to use ARC DV1 with the DV10 while I had it.

The only thing that worked with the DV10 for me was Arc DV1 software allowed me to read/write to the DV10. However, the DV10 receiver failed to decode any P25 systems and barely received our NOAA weather station on 162.55 mhz. They are usually full scale.

Like Jeff, I have noticed a difference with the cables, make sure you have a quality cable. I can look at my Win 7 laptop later today and see which driver I'm using if you still have an interest.

Zodian01

Followed your comments. Like Jeff, I also purchased a DV10 and had no issues communicating with it. I am using an HP laptop running Win7 Pro. I don't recall the driver I used when I purchased my DV1 but it worked first time with eSpy and ArcDV1 software. I was also able to use ARC DV1 with the DV10 while I had it.

The only thing that worked with the DV10 for me was Arc DV1 software allowed me to read/write to the DV10. However, the DV10 receiver failed to decode any P25 systems and barely received our NOAA weather station on 162.55 mhz. They are usually full scale.

Like Jeff, I have noticed a difference with the cables, make sure you have a quality cable. I can look at my Win 7 laptop later today and see which driver I'm using if you still have an interest.

Hi Nick. Yes, I would be interested in knowing which driver you are using. I'm on Windows7 Pro also. I tried installing the Arc DV1 software which looks good, but it's useless to me without the damn driver for the computer to 'talk' to the DV10.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply so thank you.

Zodian (Ant)

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
WHAT'S NEW IN V. 6.0007-19 for the AR-DV1
Should be uploaded to www.espyonard.com this week - Merry Christmas

1. NEW FASTER BAND SCOPE MK VII
There are several new advances re. the new Band Scope. the sweep speed is significantly faster.
a. SWEEP SET-UP TIME REDUCTION
In this upgrade the time it takes to setup a new Sweep has been reduced by >70% . This is a very significant time reduction. The new faster set-up is ONLY available when using the 'FAST SETTINGS' window to enter the required details. Select the appropriate buttons, make your choices, and then click 'EXECUTE'. After a few seconds the new sweep will start.
b. SAVING and RESTORING SWEEP SETTINGS
Previously the User could save and retrieve only ONE sweep setting.
There are now TWENTY 'Sweep Memory' options, individually numbered.
Sweep Memories can also be restored from an inter-active LIST, displaying all saved Sweep data, with a single mouse click.
If the 'FULL SWEEP MEMORY LIST button is clicked, the details of ALL 20 Sweep Memories are displayed in the inter-active list, next to the FAST window. Right-Click the button to 'toggle' the List font size.

2. BAND SCOPE RESET AND TIMING ADJUSTMENTS
The NEW 'FAST SETTINGS' push the AR-DV1, P.C. and Serial Communication speeds close to their absolute limits.
Right clicking the YELLOW screen on the main interface opens the 'SETTINGS WINDOW'.
A new button has been added at the bottom 'BAND SCOPE RESET'.
If when requested the Band Scope does not open, or opens and almost immediately closes, clicking the 'BAND SCOPE RESET' button will force the Scope to load a set of standard settings, which cures any problems.

3. BAND SCOPE AUTO 'Q'
Prior to this update the Auto 'Q' Band Scope window contents were cleared automatically whenever it closed. Due to the introduction of the new Sweep Memories this was not convenient and no longer occurs, so Users still have access to the previous data that was saved in it. As before there is a button that if selected clears the entire list, and one that allows the removal of individual lines if required.

4. INSTANT ACCESS TO SAVED SCOPE 'Q' FREQUENCIES
If you right-click the 'Q' button on the BAND SCOPE, the present Frequency details are transferred and appear in the 'Q' Window. When the SCOPE is closed, you can access this inter-active list at any time by right-clicking the 'Q-DB' button on the Main window. Selecting any Frequency line instantly send its details to the AR-DV1 for instant monitoring.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Hi Nick. Yes, I would be interested in knowing which driver you are using. I'm on Windows7 Pro also. I tried installing the Arc DV1 software which looks good, but it's useless to me without the damn driver for the computer to 'talk' to the DV10.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply so thank you.

Zodian (Ant)
Finally remembered to check my drivers. I am using Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge dated 3/19/2014, Version 6.7.0.0. On my system it comes up as Com22. Hope this helps.

Zodian01

Hi Nick.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to reply. Downloaded and unzipped the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge (again) and ran the install app. Got the message 'ready to use'. Connected the DV10 which shows up in my devices as AR-DV10 but with a yellow exclamation mark. Hit the 'trouble-shoot' option and got the message 'no driver found for this device'. Did a manual search for the driver and found the unzipped driver in my downloads. Windows came back with the message 'found driver software but couldn't install (Code 10).

Tried it on my sons laptop which is running Vista and that can't even see the DV10. I'll try connecting it to my mates PC which is running Window 10, see if that does the trick although I'm not very optimistic. Very frustrating.

Regards, Zodian (Ant).

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Hi Nick.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to reply. Downloaded and unzipped the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge (again) and ran the install app. Got the message 'ready to use'. Connected the DV10 which shows up in my devices as AR-DV10 but with a yellow exclamation mark. Hit the 'trouble-shoot' option and got the message 'no driver found for this device'. Did a manual search for the driver and found the unzipped driver in my downloads. Windows came back with the message 'found driver software but couldn't install (Code 10).

Tried it on my sons laptop which is running Vista and that can't even see the DV10. I'll try connecting it to my mates PC which is running Window 10, see if that does the trick although I'm not very optimistic. Very frustrating.

Regards, Zodian (Ant).
Normally I would lay the blame on the DV10 but in your case it appears that your Windows OS is giving you problems. I'm not enough of a guru to understand why windows refused to install the driver unless it creates a conflict with something else.

When I bought my pre-owned DV1 it came with ARC DV1Pro. I believe that Silicon Labs driver came with DV1 Pro and has worked with eSpyonARD and the new DV1 software package just released on Facebook. I was able to use ARC DV1Pro on the DV10 to read and write memories to the SD card.

Zodian01

Normally I would lay the blame on the DV10 but in your case it appears that your Windows OS is giving you problems. I'm not enough of a guru to understand why windows refused to install the driver unless it creates a conflict with something else.

When I bought my pre-owned DV1 it came with ARC DV1Pro. I believe that Silicon Labs driver came with DV1 Pro and has worked with eSpyonARD and the new DV1 software package just released on Facebook. I was able to use ARC DV1Pro on the DV10 to read and write memories to the SD card.

Hi Nick.
I think you are probably right with your assessment regarding my Windows OS. I'd have thought that AOR rolling out SDR products, they might have made some effort to create and develop user friendly software. Hey-ho, anyone want to buy an unused DV10 lol.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
VERSION 6.0007-019 has just been uploaded to www.espyonard.com

Lots of additions and tweaks, mainly to the latest Band Scope MKVII, which is much faster and now has 20 individual Sweeps which can be saved and restored for quick access.

All the new 'goodies' are set out and explained at the end of the Changes Log in the Manual (Page 121).

Current Program Users need just download and run the setup file, for everything to be updated. No need to uninstall anything.

Same applies to anyone using the Trial currently.

New Users should always consult the Manual first. The Program has so many extra functions that it adds to the DV1, just 'clicking and hoping' is definitely NOT recommended. Many Buttons have 'dual' functions depending on left or right clicks for example. Hovering the Cursor over a button will show a 'Tool Tip'. None of the extra functions are compulsory, and all basic operations are easy to master. The more sophisticated functions do require reading about them in the Manual, but everything is Mouse click and/or List selection orientated.

Remember the Trial is not a Demo. It is a working program so the correct (SiLAB) drivers must be installed/working, and the AR-DV1 powered up and connected to the Computer or it will not work.

A Happy New Year present, lol.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Just for information, there will be a new eSPYonARD update soon. Still putting the finishing touches so not sure quite when. Will post when it is released, Cheers

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
DRIVERS AND USB PROBLEMS GENERALLY

In the 4 years I have been working with the AR-DV1, almost 24/7, I have only come in contact with 12 people who had difficulty sorting out the USB Drivers, and connecting with the Radio successfully.

5 were a direct result of Windows 10 automatically installing a version of the SILAB drivers that although later in date, proved incompatible.

2 just got it wrong, but when adhering to my step by step instructions got it working.

2 were down to the USB cable they were using. Interestingly both were adamant that the Cables they had worked OK with other equipment, so could not be the cause, however when they finally acquired a good quality USB cable, their problems were resolved.

1 was because the USB socket had been contaminated with dirt, and a quick spray of switch cleaner cured that.

2 remain unsolved, and are still 'open' in their respective Facebook Group.

The Instructions and Drivers I am hosting, (link above) should definitely work with all Windows Versions, from 7 onward. It is however essential that if using Windows 10 the drivers it installed automatically are totally removed, and my included ones are used (and the version checked). All covered in the Instructions.

As stated in the download ALWAYS suspect the USB cable. It is not just a matter of a cable working with other equipment, as it MUST be capable of proper 2 way data comms, not just supplying power.

Finally, one has to come to the conclusion that the AR-DV1's USB socket has been damaged (or there is an internal electronic fault). Without going to a Retailer, the only way of knowing is to find someone who had a DV1 locally, and seeing if they will test your Radio on their equipment. i.e. with Drivers that they know are working, and the same for their USB cable.

The USB socket is and always will be a WEAK point. Not AOR's fault, but they are flimsy and unless precautions are taken any downward or upward pressure on the inserted plug will be amplified as in a lever, resulting in damage.

I cover a really good and inexpensive solution to this at the very end of eSPYonARD's Manual. You do not have to use the Program if you do not want to. The free TRIAL will do. Once installed the Manual is in the installation directory as a pdf file.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
V. (6.0007-020) -MARCH 2020
The update has been posted to www.espyonard.com today

See the last entry in the Manual's Changes Log for details.

Stay Safe and Good Luck to everyone in these troubled times.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
AR-DV1 SCOPE - QUICK ACCESS TO HF AMATEUR FREQUENCY BANDS

In these troubled times many Frequencies are 'quiet' for the time being, and who knows when that will change?

Many Commercial, Air Band and similar channels for example.

However 'lock down' has meant a noticeable increase in Amateur Radio activity, coupled with better Band conditions this means a lot more activity.

For those using the latest version of eSPYonARD, which incorporates 20 Scope Sweep programmable memories, I am writing a simple Program which will immediately populate the first 10 Sweep Banks with the Amateur Radio HF Bands, from 1.8 to 30 MHz.

This Program will only take a couple of seconds to install, and then just by clicking the appropriate Memory Button, the Band Scope will 'sweep' the nominated HF Amateur Band, applying Band Spread where necessary, and all other necessary parameters.

As Users will know the Band Scope is fully inter-active, as explained in the latest Manual.

If you have already programmed Scope Memories then the Program will overwrite the first 10. That still leaves 10 free, and will not change Memories 11 to 20, if in use already.

Of course you can still program the Scope to 'sweep' other frequencies of your choice elsrwhere within the AR-DV1's range, together with all the ancillary functions already available.

I will post a link to the new program as soon as I have finished testing it thoroughly, although so far it appears to be working flawlessly.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
AR-DV1 SCOPE - QUICK ACCESS TO HF AMATEUR FREQUENCY BANDS - continued

As promised, here is the LINK that will install HF Amateur Bands as the first 10 Band Scope 'saved' Memories for use with the latest eSPYonARD update (v.6.0007-020)

ONLY use the files from this LINK.

There is a file, and a PDF document included. Download BOTH.

***READ THE PDF before running the file***

The file will transfer the necessary data immediately for use with the Program's Scope memories, however there is interesting and important information in the PDF document.