Ardv1/Ardv10-pc-computer-control-new-s-w

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
AR-DV10 DISCONTINUED?

In their list of products, Yaesu has moved the AR-DV10 to their 'Archived Section', which presumably means they have discontinued it. Despite its AOR title, there has been strong speculation that the DV10 was produced for AOR by Yaesu.

It still appears on AOR's USA site under their Models, but so does the AR 8600Mk2. The Manual for that is however shown in AOR's discontinued section. Moonraker (UK) is showing the Radio as discontinued.

Bearing in mind Icom has discontinued their IC-R30 so it is probably due to the worldwide Semi-Conductor shortage, and if that ever sorts itself out we may see both Radios back on sale. It is doubtful ICOM discontinued the IC-R30 for any other reasons. The feedback (and presumably sales)has given it excellent reviews in all respects, except its annoying omission of DMR as a mode.

It may give AOR the excuse to bring out a new Model however, with the DV10's problems really fixed.

We should expect a lot more 'DISCONTINUED' Radios once the last production runs have been sold. In consequence, unless they have sufficient capital and have diversified it remains to be seen how the Radio producers will be able to survive.

Hopefully, the Semi-Conductor shortage will right itself, but these current moves indicate the Manufacturers are not that convinced.

I suppose the bottom line is, do not wait too long if you intend to buy a new Radio. I bought a second AR-DV1 recently because of this.
to bad we could do a look video while were working our dv-1, that would be cool and give us a lot of hope. wonder i could get both the dv-1 and me in a good broadcast at the sanme time?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, due to yet another AR-DV1 Firmware appearing, trying to 'fix' the previous two, and illness the eSPYonARD update has been further delayed. Testing has to begin again.

I have suspended downloads from the Web Site for the time being.

MStep

Sorry, due to yet another AR-DV1 Firmware appearing, trying to 'fix' the previous two, and illness the eSPYonARD update has been further delayed. Testing has to begin again.

I have suspended downloads from the Web Site for the time being.

Sadly, AOR cannot seem to get their act together. I would be happy if they would just add P25-Phase 2 to the unit--- does anyone think it is possible with the current hardware?

G7HID

I notice the website for this software is no longer active. Has the entire project been discontinued?
Last I heard was Jeff, the author was having health problems and like me getting on in years :(
So I would guess it has been discontinued...

Mike

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
DV1 showing 'NO RES' on startup.

Someone sent me a FaceBook message recently asking about the above. For some unknown reason the message disappeared so I could not reply. He stated it was about one of my previous posts here

The senders name MAY have been Kunz, but I am not sure.

In case he looks here again:-

1. The 'NO RES' may be a hardware fault. I cannot help with that.

2. However it was also sometimes caused by a Firmware bug.
That can be fixed as follows,

It's a rather rare bug which first arose when the firmware was updated to 2107A and some later ones, with the receiver system date (year) being older than 2014. Or after update, the user sets by mistake a date (year) before 2014.

Fortunately there is a way for you to fix the problem, by forcing a new date (year) of at least 2014. It just takes 1 minute. Please proceed as follows:

The difficulty is that the receiver only accepts key presses at a specific time, which is only during 1 second right after the "plop" sound. There are 2 "plop" sounds which alternate, one lower pitch and one higher pitch. The higher pitch is the one to target as it allows a 1 second key press window.

F+3 to access the CLOCK settings page.
Press the down arrow to select the 4th line of the screen which shows the system date and time in the following format:
YY-MM-DD HH:MM

Followed by ENT which will fix the problem.

The DV1 will then start up.