Are MPSCS frequencies dedicated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandonbrzak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I thought that mpscs frequencies dedicated to certain areas. I live in gratiot county, and wonder why im picking up another counties transmissions.. Is there a certain way that it can be just gratiot county, or am I stuck with it? Im sure this question has been answered, but im just curious

Brandonbrzak

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I would if I knew how to. My computer is down, so I cant use my user manual, how do you do talk groups on the uniden bcd396xt? Its probably quite simple

n8zcc

I would if I knew how to. My computer is down, so I cant use my user manual, how do you do talk groups on the uniden bcd396xt? Its probably quite simple

Sorry, not familiar with that scanner. Hopefully, someone familiar will come along and lend a hand.

Brandonbrzak

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate the advice for sure. It shouldnt be too hard right? Lol

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
while scanning gratiot, push the function button on the side and push the SCAN button to put into ID Scan - will only pick up what you have programmed in. Its normal for towers to carry all the bordering counties.

Ive programmed many 396's T & XT's btw. My web site link below.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia

I thought that mpscs frequencies dedicated to certain areas. I live in gratiot county, and wonder why im picking up another counties transmissions.. Is there a certain way that it can be just gratiot county, or am I stuck with it? Im sure this question has been answered, but im just curious

I think you mean talkgroup and not frequencies?

The same control frequency can be on other towers in other areas so you could pick up another tower if you are close to both towers like I have had before and any talkgroups on that tower you could get.

If you mean talkgroups then yes you can look at the database for the county you want and only program those in your scanner.

Brandonbrzak

I did mean talkgroups. Sorry, im not completely used to the digital layout yet. I probably should have it programmed by somebody who knows what they're doing. I have all the fire and dnr channels all in.. The 800MHz channels are also in, but like I said, not to specific agencies.

khood35

MPSCS Frequencies

Can I program my scanner with the MPSCS frequencies? I have a Pro-94 scanner but can not find out how to program Macomb County into the scanner. Does anyone know???????? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

khood35

What scanners handle Trunking P25

Does anyone know which scanners can handle a Trunking P25 which Macomb County uses. The Pro 94 scanner can not, (thanks for the input) Anyone in need of a Pro 94 scanner? Lol. Thanks in advance.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
ANY modern scanner that can do digital trunking (modern meaning it does digital natively - not the old ones that required the digital card) will do the simulcast system.

This seems to be a good list of available (new & used) digital scanners...
An Overview of Digital Trunking Police Scanners - Police-Scanner.info

Does anyone know which scanners can handle a Trunking P25 which Macomb County uses. The Pro 94 scanner can not, (thanks for the input) Anyone in need of a Pro 94 scanner? Lol. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.