Are there Any Decent RF Adapter Brands Aside From Amphenol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDScanFan

A while back I made the mistake of buying a number of no name adapters off eBay. The price was great at the time but they caused more hassle in the long run. Since that time I have only bought Amphenol. Aside from Amphenol are there any brands worth considering?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Ordered 2 Pomona 4291 adaptors for $10.99 ea. at Digi-key. Ordering and shipping seemed reasonable. Already have a 4291 in use so I was OK with ordering more.

prcguy

You might take look at the Pan Pacific brand of connectors and adapters. Most Amphenol connectors are now made in China and several distributors have told me the brother of the guy who owns the factory that makes most Amphenol connectors owns Pan Pacific, so they know how to make a quality connector.

A couple of local stores to me sell Pan Pacific and I've bought countless types of connectors and adapters and the quality and finish is first class and they are really inexpensive.

jcop225

Radio Zoomer
Huber + Suhner, Pasternack, Radiall

+1 for RF Industries being your best value for buying at retail.

MDScanFan

I appreciate the suggestions. Over the past couple of days I ended up ordering 40 miscellaneous Pan Pacific, Ponoma, and RF Industries adapters. I am looking forward to comparing these to my Amphenol adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.