are there any stores that offer payment plans for scanners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaitlin4599

i have an older family member who is disabled and they spend a lot of time at home. they live in an area where a digital scanner such as the SDS100 is required, since there system went digital back in 2019. being on disability they cant afford the full cost of a scanner out of the box. my question to the professionals here is, are there any online stores that offer monthly payment plans for scanners where my disabled family member can buy the scanner that fits there needs and they can make monthly payments to pay the scanner off?

sorry if im not allowed to ask this but i didnt know where else to ask it

toolman60

It may well be easier to see if they can get a paypal account. That will open the door to many places they can purchase from if they can find one in stock.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
They might be able to apply for a credit card, or possibly their financial institution may have a similar instrument to make a purchase, and pay a minimum amount monthly. Unfortunately, the APR may be very high, i.e., 30% but they may not have any other recourse to make their purchase. Most retail vendors don't have "time payments" unless it's a major appliance or credit line. Sadly, the credit limits are very low, like $300 maximum to start until the balance is paid off.

W2LIE made a good suggestion with PayPal credit. I've used that method before and it's reasonable if your relative qualifies.

kaitlin4599

Reconrider

Where are they located? Maybe they won't need the sds100, and could get the 436 instead. It's about 200$ cheaper and will work with phase 2 - won't do the best out of the box with simulcast.

I/we can suggest more after you reply

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I'll agree with @w2lie on the PayPal Credit. I've used this payment method for several years to purchase a whole range of items from ebay and other online retailers (everything from my G5 and R71A to a lawn tractor). It shouldn't be difficult to qualify for a line of credit that will handle the SDS.

kaitlin4599

Where are they located? Maybe they won't need the sds100, and could get the 436 instead. It's about 200$ cheaper and will work with phase 2 - won't do the best out of the box with simulcast.

I/we can suggest more after you reply

@Reconrider they live in arizona mainly the tucson and phoenix areas both areas used phase 2 alongside simulcast

bb911

I got a credit card with Capital One not too long ago (maybe 6 months), with a very low limit. I barely used it, and they are constantly trying to get me to upgrade to their better card that has 0% intro APR for 9 months, with a 24.99% variable APR after that. $0 annual fee. It may be worth looking into. I haven't read the fine print though.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I've used Paypal Credit many times and it's great. I haven't paid a penny of interest in like 5 years.

DJ11DLN

it would be a nice christmas present for your family and im sure they would love it coming from you.
I did this several years back for a good friend who was disabled and could no longer work. He's sadly passed on now but I can't count how many times he told me that listening to that WS-1095 was the highlight of his day and made being cooped up bearable for him.

For the OP, I'll echo Paypal Credit or just shop around for a good deal on a credit card that has 0% for a decent period on signing and a low or no annual fee. They (or you) can just pay it off during that grace period.

kaitlin4599

I did this several years back for a good friend who was disabled and could no longer work. He's sadly passed on now but I can't count how many times he told me that listening to that WS-1095 was the highlight of his day and made being cooped up bearable for him.

For the OP, I'll echo Paypal Credit or just shop around for a good deal on a credit card that has 0% for a decent period on signing and a low or no annual fee. They (or you) can just pay it off during that grace period.

@DJ11DLN two of my credit cards are now in collections since i had problems paying them off in time and a 3rd credit card is almost paid off cant use paypal credit as i owe them money as well

altho i do have the option to try affirm through zipscanners.com correction no affirm either my credit is ****

guess i will have to save up the money to buy them a scanner

Last edited:

Xray

Should be some good milair activity out that way, can monitor that a whole lot cheaper - And the way things are going, never know when they are going to drop the encryption hammer.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
You can also try Amazon. They have a store card that does zero interest on purchases (if you pay it off in time). BUT THE LOVE OF GOD, DON’T CARRY A BALANCE. THE INTEREST RATE IS INSANE.

fredva

Feed Provider
@DJ11DLN two of my credit cards are now in collections since i had problems paying them off in time and a 3rd credit card is almost paid off cant use paypal credit as i owe them money as well

altho i do have the option to try affirm through zipscanners.com correction no affirm either my credit is ****

guess i will have to save up the money to buy them a scanner

What you want to do for your relative is commendable. But I think it would be wise to pay off your debt first, and then save up money for a scanner. I can't put a $650 scanner in the "must-have" category like shelter, food, transportation, etc.

kaitlin4599

@fredva another family member offered to help me get the scanner via affirm from zipscanners as said family member offered to help out with the monthly payments so all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.