Are these 2 the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

Are the frequencies, 152.945 which is the one listed uunder lower providence, its the one that rebroadcasts fire 1,2,3,4,6........and the frequencies 158.355,154.130 and 154.370 the same.........152.945 was created simply so montgomery cty, didnt have to invest in a whole new set of pagers for the firemen right?....

secondly, is the lafayette ambulance repeater worth programming? does anyone have it themselves and is there any traffic on it?

CommJunkie

152.945 was (I think) set up by Lower Providence, not the county, so their people could listen to everything on one channel (probably put in their pagers as a second channel)

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
CommJunkie said:
152.945 was (I think) set up by Lower Providence, not the county, so their people could listen to everything on one channel (probably put in their pagers as a second channel)

That's exactly right. The frequency is used so firefighters can monitor trunked system traffic on their voice pagers.

The other frequencies mentioned are used by the county to activate voice pagers for fire dispatches.

Lafayette very rarely uses their private channel. I wouldn't bother programming it. You're really not missing anything of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.