are you having problems scanning pomona police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty909

To all that monitor pomona police:

No your scanner is not having problems, pomona is using their orange (encrypted) channel as their temporary dispatch until all the radio are programmed because sadly blue 1 is becoming encrypted as we speak. The process should be finished some time this month. I didn't see any info for this posted yet so i felt i should share this information with all.

allend

Premium Subscriber
To all that monitor pomona police:

No your scanner is not having problems, pomona is using their orange (encrypted) channel as their temporary dispatch until all the radio are programmed because sadly blue 1 is becoming encrypted as we speak. The process should be finished some time this month. I didn't see any info for this posted yet so i felt i should share this information with all.

There you go. Another city gone. Who's next??????????

Aero125

Pomona now fully encrypted, Burbank is going to soon. LASD will be end to end encrypted once LA-RICS LMR is fully implemented (it'll be a couple years.)

allend

Premium Subscriber
San Bernardino is going to going to be end to end encrypted too. After LASD then LAPD will follow suit.

To be honest within the next 5 years all of the LA County basin will be encrypted. Riverside is goine. SBDCO is on its way and of course OC has been gone for over a decade now. Then all of the small surrounding cities will eventually catch up. Long Beach is currently cutting over soon too.

I hope all of SOCAL has a plan in place for interops for everyone to figure out on how to talk to each other. But that will be a storm that will come soon.

SAD....

Status
Not open for further replies.