Are you in the Portland area with an SDS100?

GaryRad

I have a friend in Clakamas county who bought an SDS100. He started out doing the zip-code thing but its coverage was too broad. He's super busy and decided to have ZipScanners do a custom programming job. Now it ONLY breaks squelch when an analog channel goes active (an ambulance company) and nothing else. I live 5 hours away, don't have an SDS100, and no unencrypted digital in my area. So, there's very little I can do for him.
If anyone in the Portland area has an SDS100 and is willing to throw it on Sentinel to see what's going on, it would be very helpful and he'd be very grateful!
Thanks!

Baker845

I don't have SDS-100 scanner, but sounds like of course a programming issue. If the correct system type and settings aren't selected the scanner won't stop on any traffic.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDS-100 and travel through the area from time to time. I do not use the zip code feature and have an elaborate Favorites List. There's a lot to wade through there to get just what you want. Your thread is labeled Portland area, which is Multnomah county. But Clackamas is on either P25 WCCA or P25 WCN. Depending on what you exactly want to monitor, you might also want OSP.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Since the WCN system that Clackamas County is using is relatively new (they just switched over earlier this year), I would bet that Zip Scanners probably accidentally programmed the old Motorola analog system in for your friend.

- Chris

GaryRad

Oh! Very good point! I got him to do a factory reset and zip-code load and it's missing Clackamas. I wonder if I can get him to do a FW update. Sigh.

Baker845

Your friend should be able to update the data base for the scanner in programming software. when i had 436 i would update the database in the scanner to get new talkgroups or freqs. i would look into it more before updating to make sure its done correctly. I would post something in Uniden scanner form as well on how update database for SDS-100

GaryRad

Your friend should be able to update the data base for the scanner in programming software

I'm going to try walking him through the process. If all else fails, I'll have him send me the radio and I'll do it for him - except that I can't test the results!