Areawide talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1UAM

I see this listed on some talk groups over on scan new england. What does this actually mean? Are they broadcasted on all the smartzones?

RKG

1) In order to answer this question, you'd have to specify the talkgroup IDs to which you refer.

2) Be advised that, as a general rule, no talkgroup traffic will be carried on any zone in a SmartZone system unless there is at least one subscriber who (a) is affiliated on that zone and (b) has selected that talkgroup.

KB1UAM

I was looking at zone 1 for Boston and a few talk groups are listed as widearea. Boston ems and OEM as well. Also numerous other talk groups. Will I be able to hear those talk groups on zone 3? Transit police talk groups are also listed as wide area.

RKG

Most likely not, as the system controller can be programmed for the TGIDs for which an affiliation will be accepted. In general, sound programming suggests that only those TGIDs for which a user might have a functional reason to be in the area covered by the zone should be recognized.

Thus, for example, C PTL 1 will be accepted on Zone 5 (A/H Troops), but C PTL 2 will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.