ARES Connect account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using ARES Connect yet? Thoughts on it if you are?

I set up my account, but it only lets you tie in to one ARES group. I know Snowbirds and Part Timers this will be an issue for.

I belong to two units in two different states, and occasionally help out at a third unit. The "Manage Affiliations" section offers a very narrow (not surprised) list of organizations, with no option to add an "other" organization.

I wonder how they expect the time to be logged if one can't send the hours to the correct unit?

ipfd320

Banned
Our Ares (Martin County) is Also Having Big Issues with the Registration--According to the Director its a Nation Wide Data Base Issue with alot of Bugs being Worked Out

Honestly im not a Big fan of this implimentation via pc---im sorry there is nothing like paper and a plus that paper wont crash or disconnect while sending the stuff across---remember you need an internet connection for this to work-- maybe a fortified winlink system will work good but honestly i think this really aint gonna work

KE0GXN

I registered myself a couple of weeks ago. The only issue a local group member brought up is, that the process does not allow you to list "other" qualifications besides the ones they specifically ask for, i.e. advanced training or experience....other then that is was pretty straightforward.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I registered but don't see any available events in my area. Not sure how often those occur.

David

k6cpo

Our ARES group had out monthly meeting yesterday and our section manager made it clear that this isn't even close to the final iteration of the program. As was mentioned above, there are still a lot of kinks to be worked out. Patience...

k8md

Our county started using it full time. While it has nuances, it's working very well. Most of the problems that we've seen in adjacent counties is due to a lack of effort or training. I am an AEC in the county where I live and I also participate in an adjacent county. An Admin was able to put me into both counties.

ad8g

Feed Provider
ARESConnect seems to be somewhat successful in the counties who didn't already have more robust systems in place and have taken the time to adapt their processes so they can do things the "ARESConnect way." To me, it still feels very much like alpha-quality software that lacks a number of features.

k8md

ARESConnect seems to be somewhat successful in the counties who didn't already have more robust systems

Lol. So 1/88? Which county has their own home brewed system that's more robust? And who is the developer of said system? Please invite this person to participate in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.