ARINC expired data on ARINC website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Tonight, (January 13 2021) at 0506z, I clicked on the ARINC Atlantic HF Assignments webpage at: Atlantic HF Assignments.

The HF frequency assignments listed were to be used January 12,2021 2000z to 0400z.

That means they expired at 0400 January 12, 2021. 25 hours before I clicked on the webpage.
The Atlantic HF frequency assignments had not been updated for over 25 hours.

Although this is the longest NO UPDATE period I have seen,
I have often been noticed that the HF assignments are not being updated until several hours after their expiration.

I have NOT noticed this on the Pacific HF Assignments page at;: Pacific HF Assignments

Is this normal?
Or is it just not important anymore in the age of SatVoice, InMarSat, ACARS and other data transmissions?

Last edited:

ATCTech

Could be just a web page issue, but that aside I can't name one public domain web page that was either the primary or sole-source of aviation data used internally within the ATC environment for much more than "nice to know" data in my decades of service. There are many IP based interconnections, but access wasn't a simple open "www" address that didn't require user authentication. FWIW, we had ARINC routers on-site for dedicated & time-sensitive traffic and I'm certain that major aircraft operators have similar access points. I'd hazard a guess that the pages you highlight here are a public representation of a dedicated service provided to aviation sector users through other means and thus fairly low priority to ARINC.

Last edited:

AirScan

Is this normal?
Or is it just not important anymore in the age of SatVoice, InMarSat, ACARS and other data transmissions?

I don't check it very often but from what I can remember the site has never been entirely accurate for the frequencies even when the valid date was correct. There are more aircraft that are using voice in this Atlantic area than the Pacific so if anything it's more important, but as ATCTech mentions it's not a source used by aircraft or ATC (that I'm aware of). I'm not really sure who they are posting it for ?

FYI if you weren't aware of it already there is a LiveATC feed that monitors the ARINC frequency that assigns the HF frequencies for southbound aircraft into this area.

majoco

Stirrer
I'm pretty sure that airline operators don't rely on a web update to get rather important information such as HF frequency or area updates. Advance notice would have come out as a Notam to airline offices long before the changes and anyway as you have heard the ATC operator say " call Auckland Radio on HF primary frequency 8867 and secondary frequency 5643 at waypoint Dunak"so even if the pilot hasn't read the Notam or looked at his flight plan on his screens he would still get the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.